Levitation Effect

Hey i was wondering if anyone knew of a good levitation effect i can purchase. I already know Balducci, Kings Rising, Elevator 1 and 2, Criss angel and Zero Gravity but they are to limited. Does anyone know of a levitation effect even if its made for stage magic that can be seen 360 degrees??? If not then what would you sugest as an amazing levitation effect without alot of angle sensitivity. Ill spend anywhere from 20.00 - 500.00 USD

Jan 4, 2008
Well the only good levetation effect I know is priced at $15, so I am afraid it is out of the price range you just posted. Im kidding...

Sounds like you have invested a good amount of money in the effects already have. If you're looking for something bigger and better for stage, you may have to go higher tan $500 for a larger production levitation.

I don't really know of any as I am not a stage illusion performer, but maybe someone else here can give you a better answer.

Good luck.

Gerald

lolz i mean im just looking for something that i can pretty much perform in a school location. I am always getting asked at school to levitate and i do sometimes but only when its like 2 or 3 people but when my whole class is asking i hate telling them no because i know they will want to be 360 degrees around me...

Jul 13, 2009
I do not think there is a levitation out there that you may view from all sides. I know that elevtor 2 pitches that idea but I am a bit skeptical about that. If you save your money a bit more you could buy this great levitation that Can be performed on the street, but also plays ver well on stage. It is called The Magellan levitation Jimmy Fingers, I do not own it but am basing what I am saying to you from the videos I hav seen here.
http://www.magellanlevitation.com/

When I went through a big levitation fix last year, I felt that Skywalker and Icarus were the best purchases I made. Skywalker's more practical for working environments but may be slightly difficult to build and uncomfortable to wear throughout the night. In my opinion, Icarus is better for more special engagements and ideal for television spots, but it requires some serious clothing alterations. If you have the money, I'd recommend both levitations if you're serious about the craft.

These days, if I do a self-levitation, I find that a simple Balducci with the proper build-up still kills people-- even those who know the secret. It's pretty amazing.

RS.

Aug 18, 2008
Hey i was wondering if anyone knew of a good levitation effect i can purchase. I already know Balducci, Kings Rising, Elevator 1 and 2, Criss angel and Zero Gravity but they are to limited. Does anyone know of a levitation effect even if its made for stage magic that can be seen 360 degrees??? If not then what would you sugest as an amazing levitation effect without alot of angle sensitivity. Ill spend anywhere from 20.00 - 500.00 USD

I noticed you put know instead of own, hope that doenst mean anything. Sounds like those damn youtube comments..

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX

These days, if I do a self-levitation, I find that a simple Balducci with the proper build-up still kills people-- even those who know the secret. It's pretty amazing.

RS.

Ive noticed doing the balducci and rising slowly,gets better feedback than the way I was used to seeing it perform.
For some reason when this effect was performed id always see the levatation done fast.Dont know why.

Jul 13, 2009
Visualartist

Probably not enough muscle built up in the feet to hold them up for that long, also have you ever tried doing the balduci on uneven surface? Like on a slight incline, position the specs behind you and down hill now when you do the levitation do to the slant it would look like you are going much higher then you actually are.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Visualartist

Probably not enough muscle built up in the feet to hold them up for that long, also have you ever tried doing the balduci on uneven surface? Like on a slight incline, position the specs behind you and down hill now when you do the levitation do to the slant it would look like you are going much higher then you actually are.

Thats where I most perform it on,yes.

I find that slowly doing the Balducci over the edge of a step and then crashing down off the ledge gets some pretty amazing reactions on the street. I think it also naturally suggests the magician floats higher than he really does. Again, I only occasionally do this, but when I do-- I ensure the build-up makes it worth it. People's expectations of the levitation force them to literally see something completely different from what you're actually performing. It impresses me every time.

Another tip-- step into a shallow puddle on a sidewalk and then perform the Balducci over it. Again, it looks and feels very different (eerie) from the standard performance. You slowly float out of the middle of a puddle and then crash down into it to produce a mild spash. Granted, it's a very situationally-dependent presentation, but I think it also adds to the intangible mystery surrounding the stunt.

RS.

Jul 13, 2009
Yeah it kind of goes back to the talk of what the spectators remember, if they see you floating at their knee height that is what they will remember not that you steped up on something. When I did this at school for a few people six or seven they were coming and going; the hubub with the group started with he floated three inches off the ground and soon spread around the campus by what I call the "Telephone theory." When I performed magic for a new group of people I have not even met before they asked "Aren't you the magician that floated 5 feet off the ground? That was cool you did this and you were this high off the ground amazing." Of course they are doing the hand gestures and the standard hand spread thing that show how far off the ground I floated. I am just smiling because I am getting legendary status without doing anything.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results