My Presentation of Wiregrams

Mar 26, 2008
Los Angeles
the whole focus on your card thing got extremly annoying and you talked as if you were talked to someone who was mentally challenged,but the fire part of the trick was really cool

May 3, 2008
Your patter was...okay. I really think you don't need to wrap the wire as much as you did. There just going to think that there was one already shaped hidden in the paper. And you should buy a new wiregram. I'm not sure what happened to yours but that didn't look like an 8 and a heart at all.

Yeah I probably do need a new wiregram but if it is abstractly there like stigmata it will still work in the real world. I am going to reshoot this probably tonight because I just realized I did not justify the wrapping of the wire.

May 3, 2008
Yeah I probably do need a new wiregram but if it is abstractly there like stigmata it will still work in the real world. I am going to reshoot this probably tonight because I just realized I did not justify the wrapping of the wire.

I wouldn't really say Stigmata is abstract

Mar 24, 2009
I think that both presentations are pretty annoying, try at least talking in a different, more normal tone, because I'm sure you don't talk like that with people...

Mar 24, 2009
Well do what you think is right, but I certainly wouldn't want to sound annoying when performing something, just me though...

Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
So I am assuming that other then the patter the effect is fine? Also I was trying my best to replicate one of those annoying science demos let me find one.

Couldn't find one but did find these,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmw7JfsNzoY

Thanks for y'lls replies.

Edit:

I just realized experiment one is kind of like some of my effects and other's effects.

Well of course the effect fine that what it was made for. Any effect "is fine" what matters is your presentation,body language and patter. Which all really need work. Because the effect turns out not to be fine when all those aspects aren't working.

You could show the most amazing effect in the world but if your presentation sucks.... so does the effect.

I suggest you listen to the comments about this and not just worry about the effect.

Now on the presentation. Patter is way to long for this type of effect, it also could be you talk slower then a turtle on downers. I understand what you were trying to go for but in this case it just doesnt work.

Stop re-filming it till you have a new presentation.

Please dont take offense as I dont mean any just trying to get my point across on how much patter really matters not so much the effect.

Why would I take offense to criticism especially pitched professionally?

Anyway yeah I normally am not all that slow patter wise, I just don't work well with webcams GAHH. Anyway I am putting presentation ideas down on paper I am probably just going to introduce the wire in paper at the last moment and move a bit quicker to get the wire out from the pan because during that time of fiddling I could be shaping the wire.

As an aside I am kind of using this thread as a fermentation room so later down the line I can compare notes for myself.

Well until then,

Ciao

Last edited by a moderator:
Well do what you think is right, but I certainly wouldn't want to sound annoying when performing something, just me though...

Hey don't think I didn't see and consider your opinion, what you suggested was great and has been noted by me. Just because I do not want to use your opinion for whatever reason doesn't mean I am just going to shove you aside and be all ego driven about it so just get that out of your mind if it is there in the first place.

You got something on your mind MagicFreak because I know you are more intelligent then that. I meant that statement with the up most of respect because emotion is incredibly difficult to project through the Internet.

ahh man i just ment the presentation can be annoying (as can any), but I dont think you will get good critizism on this forum about presentation.

I will say its a good start, but i dont honestly believe this effect is worth wasting your time on. Its a bad effect, lets face it. When someone trys to cover it with a big fireball finish, you know THAT will be what the reaction is based upon.

If i were you, right now i would focus on something simple to present, like a three coin vanish or a simple 3 phase ACR. I think you will get much further if you study this way. Plus, its a lot fu*kin easier.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results