The most effective color change...

Sep 1, 2007
Then you are doing it badly. Dont say something is obvious if you suck at it. Plenty of people use it and never have an issue, i have never been called out on it.

I don't suck at it lol. And I'm not someone, maybe you, who thinks they are good at everything. I know what I can and can't do. I can do this. Almost anyone can master it in a week. Go show it to a group of teenagers in a high school and then tell me you didn't get caught, and even if they don't say something. I can almost guarantee you that they know how you did it. I've never been caught doing it on an "adult" usually someone around 20-30+. I don't why teenagers are more likely to figure it out. Just another problem... Most people in High School do not enjoy magic, they wanna see it to figure it out.

I love what Joel Paschall said in his BeLieVe video intro.

http://www.theory11.com/tricks/believe.php It starts at 0:59.

"The job of the artist is to convince the world of his lie"

Sometimes the job isn't good enough depending on who you perform too, no matter how skilled you are.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
I don't suck at it lol. And I'm not someone, maybe you, who thinks they are good at everything. I know what I can and can't do. I can do this. Almost anyone can master it in a week. Go show it to a group of teenagers in a high school and then tell me you didn't get caught, and even if they don't say something. I can almost guarantee you that they know how you did it. I've never been caught doing it on an "adult" usually someone around 20-30+. I don't why teenagers are more likely to figure it out. Just another problem... Most people in High School do not enjoy magic, they wanna see it to figure it out.

I love what Joel Paschall said in his BeLieVe video intro.

http://www.theory11.com/tricks/believe.php It starts at 0:59.

"The job of the artist is to convince the world of his lie"

Sometimes the job isn't good enough depending on who you perform too, no matter how skilled you are.

umm. shyeah. whatever.

Shapeshifter works, if you understand the move properly. I haven't been called out on my shapeshifter in the last year of performing it.

Sep 8, 2009
Erdnase two handed (Erdnase had many card changes)
Hurricane
Cloud
Zoso
twirl
Oscar Munoz's twirl change (AKA Shapeshifter, which DeSouza stole from him)
Ego

Sep 1, 2007
Here's a short description of a change that I use very often:

*Starts with a single card. No need to handle doubles.
*The card is not in contact with the deck.
*The card can be examined.
*The change is clean, the card is turned over for a moment and it changes.
*The changed card can be immediately handed out for examination.
*No palming. Hands are clean before and after the change.
*No gimmicks.
*Very easy mechanics.
*Completely impromtpu. Starts and ends clean.

This marvellous sleight is called the "Top Change". Most color changes are so simple to explain because the change happens when the card is in direct contact with the deck. It is too simple to explain a change that happens in those conditions.

Sep 13, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
learn as many color changes as you can. you will eventually find uses for them. you will not get anywhere by just doing the shapeshifter and erdnase. there are applications for color, snap, click, glitch, fan, wheel, cardini, axis, airbrush, radical, and every other change on the planet. but if your purpose is just to find a selected card, why not just use a double lift, or a top change, which i believe to be the simplest?

Jun 16, 2008
Germany
Check out Daniel Madisons "Color" from his dangerous dvd...it is a great colorchange.

Cardini and Ego Change are also two wonderfull changes.

Dec 16, 2008
learn as many color changes as you can. you will eventually find uses for them. you will not get anywhere by just doing the shapeshifter and erdnase. there are applications for color, snap, click, glitch, fan, wheel, cardini, axis, airbrush, radical, and every other change on the planet. but if your purpose is just to find a selected card, why not just use a double lift, or a top change, which i believe to be the simplest?

It is the topic the most effective color change, man.
I know some of them but in my opinion, only two is fit for me, it is ok ? :p

Sep 24, 2009
the most effective for me is a riffle pass ;) lol i'm not kidding its extremely visual pretty angle proof and doesn't look suspicious. Another that comes to mind is steve draun's midnight shift used as a color change (less angle proof but looks so squeaky clean)

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I am too lazy to read through all of them, but has anyone mentioned paint brush change? Very nice change, in my opinion.

Sep 24, 2009
imo to me the paintbrush change looks exactly how it works (don't even mention i'm not doin it right haha) theres some nice tips for it Daniel Garcia has some nice subtleties for it on Symphony, the way he does it works really nice otherwise i think it looks exactly how it works and thats not a good thing

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results