Saturday Night Contest - Roundtable Discussion with Homer Liwag

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
1. There is a thread in the Coin section of the forums that would be good to get your opinion: What did you find the best way to get your classic palm to look the most natural? Did you palm multiple coins or maybe palm a coin while going about your business?

2. What is one piece of advice for making any coin routine more the most natural?

3. What was it like to work with David Mackey? It must have been rough....

Apr 7, 2008
In your opinion, what is real magic to you?

If you could revolutionize magic in anyway, what way would that be?

What is your dream effect that you hope to someday achieve and be able to perform, or your fantasy effect?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
1. what has been your favorite part of working with kenner and copperfield?

2. What is your go to effect when asked to see something?

3. Are you working on any new projects?

Bonus Question just between us.
how is kenner's shadow coins done?

Additional Bonus Question.
will you do your best yoda impression on the podcast?

Oct 22, 2008
do you have a certain routine you perform alot that uses uncommon coins and what coins specifically? (I don't mean half dollars and silver dollars because those are more common)

-Jake

Oct 22, 2008
I know this may not be your style of coin magic as I can not imagine you performing it but have you ever happened to perform sick by sean fields??

-Jake

D

Deleted member 2755

I do absolutely no coin magic at the moment. I want to get Modern Coin Magic, but I have heard half the material in there is old and outdated. What would you recommend as the best starting point for coin work?

-Doug

Oct 22, 2008
Actually I recently have been studying the coin on shoulder for about a week and I was wondering how much you perform this and would you have any advice you can give me about diversion etc and how to execute it well?

-Jake

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Dear Mr. Liwag,

1) I have gotten Modern Coin Magic by JB Bobo, and its an excellent start for me. However, i want to expand my coin work by getting CoinOne. Any tips for expanding the knowledge after CoinOne? Like getting new material?

2) Even though Chris Kenner and Dan and Dave said you have the worst hands in magic, and i saw a picture of them in your CoinTwo Extended Trailer on YouTube, how do you use your "bad hands" to your advantage?

3) Would you prefer impromptu coin magic over gimmick coin magic? Vise versa? And why?

-Perceptiv3

Jan 18, 2009
Maryland
1) How many hours or how do you practice your coin work?

2) Where do you think magic is heading now? In other words is magic where it was 10 to 20 years ago?

3) What inspired or pushed you to try to make the perfect coins across? (Reffering to what you said in CoinTwo)

By the way you are AMAZING!!!! and thank you Chris and Homer for the CoinTwo DVD. Im the guy on iTricks. ;)

May 18, 2008
1: What is the sort of magic that you do with coins? Like, how would you describe it in one sentence.

2: How would you describe magic in one sentence?

3: How long have you been REALLY SERIOUSLY doing magic?

Aug 18, 2008
How are you so awesome?
What is the real scoop on the coins you use?
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
What aspect of designing stage illusions do you find the most challenging? ie originality, lighting, portability, audience line of sight.

Where do you see yourself at in 10 years and what do you hope to have accomplished between now and then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2009
What book or dvd would you recommend to get someone started in coin magic?
What does it take for someone to be on the creative team for Mr. Copperfield?

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
What a great opportunity thank you.

1. Who is your biggest inspiration when it comes to magic in general? Who inspired you to do what you do today?

2. When and how did you realize you were going to pursue coin magic?

3. Have you always wanted to be a magician? If not what other profession did you consider?

Jul 8, 2008
Homer, what would you say is the greatest/least greatest advancement in the field of coin conjuring?

What do you think is the most opportunistic coin idea that is overlooked or underused in coin magic?

Hey Homer.

1) I don't do much coin magic currently, but next year, I will be completely focusing on starting coin magic. How hard is CoinOne to do, and would you recommend it to someone who is just starting? (If anyone else could answer this for me, that would be awesome too... :) )

Oct 30, 2008
1) How were you first introduced to perform at the Illusions restaurant? Could you share any experiences from there?

2) Why are you Filipino?

Spencer Peterson

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results