Hong Kong
Break a leg!

"And now everyone remember your card..."
*CRACK*
"0.0"
*clap clap clap clap clap*
"again again!"

boy I'm bored...

I have never performed professionally for 11 year olds... but have done 13 year olds and 8 year olds. Didnt exactly like either that much... Maybe it was the position I was put in but kids are just like... annoying little gnomes you wanna throw in a wood chipper... not really... but still... its either Hate or Love and im just the former...
haha

good luck.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
whats to be nervous when performing for 11 year old kids?

Are you serious? Ha Ha.

Apparently you have never done a kids show before or not enough of them to see what can go wrong. Kids can be your toughest critics and turn on you if you don't keep the show flowing and allowing them to have a good time. They can be some of your worst hecklers and audience members.

Anyway....good luck man. You'll be fine. I've done about 10 kids shows before and you learn the ropes pretty quick.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
whats to be nervous when performing for 11 year old kids?

Dude,kids shows are hell sometimes.

Btw to the OP,do you have spongeballs to perform at said party.
THAT is real magic right there for kids.Shoot,adults love 'em too.

Remember,keep everything simple(especially card effects)
Might I ask what card tricks your performing?

Today is my first paid gig! I doing magic for twenty 11year olds!
I'm feeling exited and nervous at the same time!

dont perform card magic, man. It will go RIGHT over their heads in most cases. As visualartist said, bring the sponge balls, or better yet the sponge bunnys.

Make sure what you do is funny, colorful, and will hold a childs interest. YOu cant go perform a routine with a single climax. Youve gotta pack a lot of magic in there if you want to keep them happy.

I remember one time, I wanted to impress a client so I agreed to perform for his daughter's 10th birthday party. I figured I could do a small half-hour stand-up act with the magic coloring book and sponge balls, etc, and then work the adult crowd afterwards to hand out my card for networking. I underestimated the hell out of that gig.

The stand-up show went really, really well. The kids responded nicely and I made sure my client saw his daughter having fun being the star of the show. Everyone had a great time. But when I went into the lounge area to perform for the adults afterwards, the kids followed me and tugged on my trousers to see what I was doing. They were all over the furniture and parents trying to see more magic. It was a mess. I wanted to push-kick every 10-year-old in the face.

Since that day, I've never agreed to kids shows again.

But good luck.

RS.

And now I'm back!
The show went great!
I performed for about 30 minutes and they all loved it.
None of the kids knew I was coming so I had the element of suprise on my sinde.
I walked behind a table and shouted: "Are there any birthday kids here?"
They all came quickly to my table, I introduced myself and pullid a coin from his ear.
They all laughed.
First I did, crazyman's and slink, then jumping rubberbands. Ultimate transpo, Red hot mama (with my wolfpack presentation), the double reverse effect from art of magic, doc daley's last trick, Sandwich effectt explaining how cards can smell cards. Hitman, sinful and angle zero.
They all loved it and I got a great response.
Afterwards I gave the birthday kid a deck of cards.
I am definetly doing this again..
I agree that younger kids don't appreciate card magic, but after they turn 10 the seem to get it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results