How durable are coin shells?

Apr 7, 2009
Hi there.

i am planning to order some coin shells for some coin tricks, and i wanted to know how durable are they? Like, would they break if you sit or them or if it goes into the wash. Obviously, they are not as strong as a whole coin but would they break or bend if you tried to bend it?

Thanks, best regards.

Aug 31, 2007
Hi there.

i am planning to order some coin shells for some coin tricks, and i wanted to know how durable are they? Like, would they break if you sit or them or if it goes into the wash. Obviously, they are not as strong as a whole coin but would they break or bend if you tried to bend it?

Thanks, best regards.

To answer your question, yes, they are relatively fragile. If you tried to bend it, you would be able to with ease. If you sit on them or they go into the wash, they'll probably be ruined. But, if you take any effort in taking care of them, they will not bend. Much more likely is for the rim of the shell to be dinged causing the circle to be slightly off and it can get stuck on the coin.

My recommendation, get a Johnson Kennedy shell first and mess around with it first.

Sep 1, 2007
I had one and it came with a nifty case and it had cotton balls in it or whatever stuffed in it so it didn't move around and was safe. I highly recommend it. Mine came with a trick I bought on Theory11 (I won't say for exposure reasons). But mine faired pretty well just in my pocket with no protecting other than being on the coin. The only problem with a coin case is ppl seeing it and becoming suspicious. Just common sense to pick a target and take them out before performance lol. But yah, just thought I'd share.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results