The Classic Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2009
I can't see myself using this and leaving a force to 'chance.'

Do you use it? What kind of success rate do you have with it?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

Like 80% success, if you want a good resource to learn it from, I suggest Paul Green's "the classic force" It has everythin you need to know how to force the card, get outs, and some good routines involving the force.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI

Don't make the trick depend on the force. Plan to do something else, and if the force happens to work go into the trick its used for. It'll give you practice with it and there isn't a risk.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Yeah, an 80% success usually. It even work on most of my friends who've seen my tricks a thousand times. They will usually try to mess me up just to fool around with me but they always fall for the classic force. Usually the only times i fail is when i got the timing off.

Like RDChopper said, get the Paul Green DVD. It's got the best advice on the force. One piece of advice i can give you is that a good way to practce this force is to force a card even when you dont need a force. So for your next ACR, jsut force the top card and see if it works. If it doesnt work it wont make a difference anyways.

Also, make sure you always have a backup trick just in case the force fails.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I disagree with the advice that Paul Green's DVD is the best resource. In my opinion he over-complicates the force, and, in fact, hinders it's ease of execution. His technique gives you three or four different things to think about at the same time, whereas I prefer to just give them the card. Just do it. Hand them the card you want them to take. In my opinion, the classic force is as simple as that. If you do it in an casual, relaxed manner, and say "Just take a card", rather than "Pick a card", or "Take any card you like", then you should hit it about ninety five to one-hundred percent of the time.

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
I tend to place the card at the first third of the deck, and try to give it to them. If they want to wait for another card, I just cull the card and "let them tuch one". Whatever the card they touch, I just square everything on top of the culled card and show it to them (kinda like the hoffzinder force, if you know what I mean).

hope that helps

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

Ola

Jul 10, 2009
Lillestrøm, Oslo, Norway
I like to remember the card on top and below the forcecard as well - gives me that little bit of leeway I feel is useful if the spectator is a difficult one. I experience that people often can feel they're beeing forced the card subconciously or something, and select the next card one way or another.

That's my best tip on the force:)

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I disagree with the advice that Paul Green's DVD is the best resource. In my opinion he over-complicates the force, and, in fact, hinders it's ease of execution..

I never said that his dvd was the "best" resource to learn it from, I said it was a good resource. That's all.

I already knew how to do the classic force when I bought that dvd, what I got out of it were hints, tips and the "why's" of how to present the classic force, and is not that complicated, once you have it down, it will be second nature for you to do it ;).

It is actually good to know every single little bit of information in something to see what works and what doesnt works. Learn everything you can from a dvd or book, but dont do the exact same thing for christ sakes ;). Have it your way.

Oct 22, 2008
I used to be deathly afraid of using the force yet I now use it all the time. For some wierdd reason it works sooo much better if i were to do it to stranger say on the street of people i dont know that much compared to people I do. But it works about 75 to 80 percent prob. You also just need to be brave about it and think a step ahead of the game, if you dont force it on them cause they dont budge have a back up trick that doesnt use a force.

best

jake

Jan 1, 2010
I have to agree with all.
No way will you hit 100%
You will need a back up plan.
Now, it could be as simple as having a duplicate in the deck and a DL.

Jan 19, 2009
It will work very often. And I always try to do this even I just gonna do a acr or something else just so I can train on this.

If it dont just do a easy trick. exp an easy control and then a dl.

when I learn the classic force I was kinda scared it wouldnt work and I did not have a back up plan:/
so I always tryed to remember 4 cards and then when I did it was almost 100% it would work.

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
everything said above is true:

practice the force even when you dont need to use it. that will help you develop the timing and confidence

be ready with a backup trick if the force fails

Green's dvd has some good info on casual ways to keep them from picking the wrong card without them thinking that you are forcing one and he shows it done during live performances. The routines are ok, but nothing you would pay for independently of the classic force dvd.

my way into the force is that i will casually look thru the deck and cull the force card to the top, palm it off, hand the deck out for a shuffle, and return the card to the deck. from there just cut it to the middle or upper 3rd of the deck. The whole shuffling process kinda breaks down the audience defenses that you would be forcing anything since the deck is now "randomized". This helps prevent the situation of the classic heckler who wants the last card in the deck

Jan 11, 2019
Philippines
I like to remember the card on top and below the forcecard as well - gives me that little bit of leeway I feel is useful if the spectator is a difficult one. I experience that people often can feel they're beeing forced the card subconciously or something, and select the next card one way or another.

That's my best tip on the force:)
If they think they're being forced a card, then use a spread force. Spread force always works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results