Which sleights do you actually use?

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
It seems like everyone is practicing like 126954 sleights at the time just to say that they can do them.

But what sleights do you actually use on a daily basis?

I use :

The over hand shuffle control.
Doubble undercut.
1 DL
Classic color change
A few forces.

And ofcourse some other moves but they are not really "sleights"

BMC

Oct 25, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
I use double lift, key card, double under cut, color changes, clipshift both as control and color change. I think that's all I use. If something else comes to mind I'll post here.

Oct 1, 2008
earth
classic pass
DL
Double undercut
erdnase color change
ego change
center dl
biddle steal
a few forces

and more that i cant recall

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Palming, culling, shifts, double lift. Other sleights include tamariz turnover, gravity half pass and a couple forces and controls. I try to only learn sleights that I will use on a regular basis. There are more, but I don't feel the need to list them.

Sep 1, 2007
Top palm, classic force, mental force, mental stop force, dribble force, "think of a card" spread, herrmann pass, spread pass, half pass, estimation, back palm, double lift (various techniques), Ascanio spread, cull, side jog, TPC (and variations), top change, jinx change, double under cut, Marlo triple false cut, Delgaudio shuffle, Hunter Shuffle, Zarrow shuffle, push through shuffle, up the ladder, faro, anti-faro, hot shot cut, long distance spinner, cascade control, and various glimpses.

These are the ones I use most commonly. A few of these need a table or a flat surface but I prefer to do my magic that way. Then there is a bunch of sleights that need a special situation that I use here and there, but not every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Classic pass, dribble pass, bluff pass and spread pass depending on the situation.
Centre double and regular double lift.
Culling for controls, key cards and forces.
Classic force, cut deeper force and covered backslip force, occasionally the cross cut force.
Top palm, top change, gamblers cop, Elmsley count and for4for, for specific routines .
Various peek techniques and finally the gray shuffle.

But now days all I really use are DL, Classic pass, peeks, gray shuffle and culling.

May 29, 2009
Double lifts, double undercut, some false shuffle, Marlo tit, Bluff pass, Loading Move, Classic force, Riffle force, erdnase change, impulse change, reverse card turnover, Paul harris revolve change, Shapeshifter change. These are the ones that i will normally use when performing card magic.

Aug 18, 2008
I would reccomend everyone here look into the gamblers cop if you haven't, you can do some amazing stuff with that palm, and its very simple.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
-classic pass
-double undercut
-in jog
-classic force
-backslip force
-double lift
-top palm
-mercury card fold
-rub away vanish
-biddle steal
-steve draun glimpse <--- my favourite sleight ever
-pinky count
-pinky break
-duck change
-pughe's pass
-elmsley count

Jul 19, 2009
hmm.. pass. topshot. cardini change or phuges pass or ego change. riffle force "david blaine force." in jog. out jog. cherry control depending on conditions. other random forces. double lift. side steal. any kind of palm. i think thats pretty much what i use constnatly and on a regular basis.

-M.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
I would reccomend everyone here look into the gamblers cop if you haven't, you can do some amazing stuff with that palm, and its very simple.

yes d madison uses the cop in alot of his work.
great sleight.

lets see

double undercut
classic pass
spread pass
strike double-couple doubles from d&d
turnover pass
top palm-bottom palm-cop
turn over pass

thats all i can think of.
there so many more that i dont have names for

Jul 18, 2009
-Pinky Break
-Thumb Break
-Double Lift
-Center Double Lift
-Ego Change
-Shapeshifter
-Invisible Pass
-Classic Pass
-Glide
-Biddle Steal and count
-Classic Force
-Riffle Force
-Top and Bottom Palm
-Elmsley Count
Just a few of them I use a lot more.

Sep 8, 2009
I am a move monkey. I use all of them!

Mainly now..

Many versions of the diagonal palm shift
Hurricane change
Top card cover passes
the real work on Marlo's top palm and throw palm
Ron Bauer's Riffle Action Palm
Bottom Palms

There is sooo much out there.

Read Vernon's books.

Jan 10, 2008
Check out "The Gull Glimpse" out of the Greater Artful Dodges of Eddie Fields by Jon Racherbaumer. I use that all the friggin' time!

Jul 13, 2009
Classic pass
Double lift
Spread pass
Derren brown control (from devils picture book)
Top Palm (one handed as well)
Cops
Sleeving
Tenkai/Lateral palm
Others

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results