Saturday Night Contest - LUIS DE MATOS - Roundtable Discussion

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This week I am honored and privileged to bring a VERY special roundtable discussion with one of the world's foremost illusionists. He has performed international television specials, sold out concert arenas of over 15,000 seats, and developed a state of the art live touring stage show. And on top of all of that, he's one of the nicest guys I've ever met - Luis de Matos.

Growing up and pursuing my passion for stage magic and theatrical performances, I remember watching YouTube videos of his shows and seeing his website and being speechless. His achievements on stage and television are remarkable, and he is a rockstar in his native Portugal - his home base. If you haven't heard of him as of yet - this is your chance to get to know him. Magic is shown on no larger stage than Luis has accomplished.

For the next 24 hours, you have the chance to ask him ANY question you'd like. We'll be recording a podcast tomorrow (Sunday) to discuss his answers. If you've ever wanted to get started in stage magic, escapes, make a career out of magic, or pick the brain of one of this industry's most successful performers - don't let this opportunity slide by. Ask questions, get answers.

The t11 crew will hand select the best questions possible tomorrow afternoon at noon EST. You have until then to post. VERY excited to have this opportunity tonight, so let's make the most of it.

UPDATE :: This theory11 roundtable discussion podcast has been posted! Listen to it now here.

BMC

Oct 25, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
I'm mostly a card magician. What would you recommend me to start with if I want to do stage magic also? What do I have to know? I want to perform at weddings/corporate events along with my close-up routine.

How many questions can we ask? I get the idea that we can only ask one, but I just wanted to make sure.

If we can only ask one, please only include the first one. The second two are optional.

1. On average, how many hours do you practice a day? A week?

--

2. Do you get nervous often before going on stage?

3. How long is a typical stage show of yours?

Jul 8, 2008
Hi Luis. What, in your professional opinion, would you say is the GREATEST advantage that a stage Magician has over a restaurant, street, or busking magician etc. has? And how did you get caught up with this crazy JB guy ;)

Mar 24, 2009
How tall are you? joking, Who is your most incluencial person that you have looked up to?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
1) How can I get started in stage magic?

2) I'm a close-up performer, so practicing consists of me going up to a person and performing. If I mess up, then it's no big deal because it's only 1 person.
How can you practice for stage magic? Obviously you can't just mess up and have it be no big deal because you're performing for hundreds of people. You can't rehearse a stage act. (Unless you're Criss Angel):p

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
How did you go about getting to perform on the big stages? Never mind how you first started performing, but how did you really get your name out to achieve the status you have now?

Aug 5, 2008
How do you personally interact with your audience and make them feel very much a part of your whole act?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results