I am in a bit of trouble here

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
It might be even funny to ust the phrase "wax on wax off" if put correctly when having them handle your props but visual is better I would suggest cutting back on talking as much as possible except to get your point across.

Ya, the reason is, is I would like the translator to have a fun time as well instead of just interpreting my babbling junk haha.

Sep 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Way to go on scoring an international audience.

I have been to Japan before for the Army, and in my experience, they're pleased as punch that an American even made an attempt, as was mentioned before.

Just don't try bowing. They won't expect you to. They're also a VERY polite and enthusiastic people. They'll love it.

If you want a reason for little talking, you could try having a CD playing with audio accompanying your performance. Something at the right volume would let them know not to expect much talking from the start.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
The thing got postponed till 5:00pm. They want to eat dinner while the show is going on. So I am just hanging out. Any last minuet advice about anything? I think they will love the stuff though.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Wheeeeeeeeeeeew! That was one long night! I just got back. 1st off, the effects I performed were, Extraordinary Proof, Psychic card effect, ACR, Sinful, A version of a psychic card effect (They literally just think of any card, and I tell them it... that's it), pressure, then ended the night with The Big Tiny. They thought I actually possessed real magic power, even though I gave a disclaimer at the beginning of the show. So that was pretty cool. They gave me some cool Japanese gifts, and in return, I made all the ladies paper roses. I learned a lot tonight, about everything from culture, to the idea of what happiness truly is. They were all family and I learned no matter where you come from magic breaks down all walls, whether it's language, shyness, anything. Everyone is very similar. just to see people have fun is what I am in this for. I didn't even charge. Just them being happy was enough, and I'm not just saying that. They felt so honored that I would do this for them. I was just shocked at how appreciative they were. I have seen magic tonight, something very rare. Togetherness, family, happiness, friendship, generosity, thoughtfulness, appreciation.... Magic.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Wheeeeeeeeeeeew! That was one long night! I just got back. 1st off, the effects I performed were, Extraordinary Proof, Psychic card effect, ACR, Sinful, A version of a psychic card effect (They literally just think of any card, and I tell them it... that's it), pressure, then ended the night with The Big Tiny. They thought I actually possessed real magic power, even though I gave a disclaimer at the beginning of the show. So that was pretty cool. They gave me some cool Japanese gifts, and in return, I made all the ladies paper roses. I learned a lot tonight, about everything from culture, to the idea of what happiness truly is. They were all family and I learned no matter where you come from magic breaks down all walls, whether it's language, shyness, anything. Everyone is very similar. just to see people have fun is what I am in this for. I didn't even charge. Just them being happy was enough, and I'm not just saying that. They felt so honored that I would do this for them. I was just shocked at how appreciative they were. I have seen magic tonight, something very rare. Togetherness, family, happiness, friendship, generosity, thoughtfulness, appreciation.... Magic.

Screw that, you should have gotten paid!

Kidding.

My respect man, I know you and you deserve it, you are a great performer, person and magician so Im happy to see that all your work is paying off.

God bless friend :)

Jan 10, 2008
That kicks butt man, congrats. I so do envy you, but i'm glad that it worked out for you and it sounds like it paid off big time. Good move on the paper roses also, classic! Any time you can experience a different culture is always a good time and with magic as the communication tool...Man I bet you're on "cloud-nine" as they say. Just out of curiosity what kind of gifts did they give you?

Best wishes,
David

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
That kicks butt man, congrats. I so do envy you, but i'm glad that it worked out for you and it sounds like it paid off big time. Good move on the paper roses also, classic! Any time you can experience a different culture is always a good time and with magic as the communication tool...Man I bet you're on "cloud-nine" as they say. Just out of curiosity what kind of gifts did they give you?

Best wishes,
David
A authentic Japanese fan, and some special "Chop-Sticks". Both very detailed, very cool looking, very nice. By that I mean Top of the line.

Jan 10, 2008
Hell yeah, very practical gifts. Are you familiar with an effect called Snowstorm in China. That would be a great use of your fan, even in a close-up setting.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I have actually done it twice before. I think I'll buy a cheaper fan though lol. This one is very well crafted and expensive. It was funny after I did Sinful, they wouldn't let me continue haha. They were so amazed at the fact they're singed quarter was actually in the can they cut open to get they're quarter out! They just wanted to sit there and milk it. That doesn't have to do with the gifts, just thought I would mention it.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I know! I thought I was only gonna be their an hour and boom I am out. I ended up being there the whole night taking part in the festivities and hanging out with people who I now call friends!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results