Leviticus (My Created Card Trick)

Sep 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I'm not a professional by any stretch of the mind, and I have very little ground to speak from, so keep that in mind when you read this.

I liked it, but it was a little rushed. You almost revealed yourself towards the end and someone who is looking for it will see. Also, you might want to work on your script. It was contradictory to say you'll leave it in the fan, then half a second later say you'll square it up instead.

Just thoughts to consider. You're a better card handler than I am. I guess the old practice adage is appropriate. Practice makes perfect, and that is what will happen to your trick.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
thanks for the feedback.i know it was rushed, my camera was running out of tape. haha. but yeah, i was getting across the basic idea of the trick, not the patter, but yes i need to work on that. i am so glad you posted that, and thanks for not bashing on me. lol. not like others on here.

Im going to be honest. This kinda sucked. From the first move you did to control the card, to the final shapeshifter, everything seemed unpracticed and amateurish. But, Lets start with the beginning:

1. If you wanted to push the card really in, why would you straddle grip the card, turn it a weird way, and then mess the up the fan pushing it in? And why would you have the card face up to begin with?

2. The first change was ok, but the hand was in a very ackward postion. But, this is the best part of the video.

3. the radical change was rushed. Ew.

4. Why are you cutting the deck so much?

5. shapeshifter was horrible. Practice it.

Over all, this is not much of a creation as it is a color changing routine, and a poor to average one at best. Sorry mate. Maybe if you work on it, or change it completely, you will get better. You can only move up from the bottom.

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
Yeah not really good.

Like said above me this was more of a color changing routine than a trick sorry. Don't rush that was a big problem in this, and don't do moves that look a really uncomfortable, or that you can't do perfectly. Work on shape shifter, and your patter.

I thought the idea was pretty clever. I recommend that you control the card a different way, there is a very easy way to do that even if you have you heart set on a fan. Other than that I think it's just allowing yourself to let it evolve into whatever the spectators like to see.

Or you could "put" the card in your pocket and say this card knows what card is missing from the deck.. blah blah blah... color change... "put" the card back in your pocket then do it again... then you could have some preshow work and put dupes in your pocket before hand... That's all I got.

Jul 13, 2009
Okay so I watched the video once because magicians never repeat the same effect twice. Now with that said at one point in the video my eyes were drawn to your shirt because I noticed suspicious shadow movements. But any how, the effect was pretty cool and it is a great card sequence.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results