Live Performance of Watermark

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
good, but what I hated is that you performed the trick exactly as the preview, Man!!! even you went as far as using the 7 of diamonds!!! the same card Dan White used and also the water spring....

c´mon man, be original!! this is a trick that has endless potential and if you use the trick like this, you just wasted your money

at least you could have used a different card!!!

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Make a script. The "watch,look,watch" patter doesnt help.
For this kind of trick,there is no need for the card to be put back in the deck.Use it in a more creative way for the effect.
This effect can be used for something more powerful than a card location/revelation type thing. Your reactions can surpass the scream and woah reactions into something more meaningful to them instead of a mindfreak moment.
Make a script,give your performance power,but remember not to drown everything in words.
Keep it simple,make it interesting.

Oct 14, 2007
Seattle
Hey guys this is not how i would perform this effect usually. If you see my other videos you would see i like to mix it up. I was suppose to shoot videos for onw of my magic friends at the mall. He kind of wimped out and told me to do it so i did. Im sorry but this was my first time ever perfroming it so my bad.

I confess,

it was not the best performance

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Hey guys this is not how i would perform this effect usually. If you see my other videos you would see i like to mix it up. I was suppose to shoot videos for onw of my magic friends at the mall. He kind of wimped out and told me to do it so i did. Im sorry but this was my first time ever perfroming it so my bad.

I confess,

it was not the best performance

Never apologize to magicians for a performance.
Just learn from them and thats it.Even if you do performer better you should always take advice of this nature when given

Sep 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Sometimes a trick is so good that it's worth is lost on the spectator.
I agree with what was said above; slower is better.

I don't know have this one yet, so I don't know how it functions, but you could try balling the napkin up in your fist and soaking it in water, so when you open it up, their card is revealed.

Or maybe instead of having them put the card back, have them stick it in the cup of water, and then put the napkin in the cup along with the card. Work up some script about how you're blessing the water or something, and pull out the napkin. It will look like the card has transferred itself to the napkin while in the "holy water."

Explore the possibilities; you bought an endless possibility, not someone else's trick, brother.

May 18, 2008
Great video! I think you have convinced me to buy this. Totally.

I would take everything said above with a grain of salt. Your performance was good, so it could stand on it's own.

However, just keep improving. You will never be perfect, so just keep improving.

That was good, entertaining. I enjoyed it.

Based on the white balance and lighting, was that shot with a Vado HD?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Your performance was good, so it could stand on it's own.

Woah,woah. He has a heckuva to improve on from this performance we saw.
Standing on his own means having a good solid performance style and script.
I was alot nicer than usual in my first post here but there was nothing interesting or unique about his performance. It was the same "look,watch,look" performances everywhere.
Anyone can go out,do a trick and get the "woahs" and "scream" reactions.
Thats easy.
But he can become way more than this,so he should take advice more than just a grain of salt. Its the only way to really improve.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results