Taom 2009

Sep 8, 2009
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that TAOM this year was awesome!

Lots of great people came out and we got to session a LOT!

I did not see many people from Theory11 at the convention ( Thank God ).

It wasn't much of a close-up convention, but it still rocked!

Best lecturers I'd say were John Born, Ammar, DG, and Malone.

There were also lots of false deal guys there that rocked the house.

I wish Ricky Smith could've made it out there..

(Dammit Ricky, you better petition for the False Deal to be in Houston this year if you're out there!!!!)

Anyways, yeah.. It was awesome..

P.S. on Sept 19, John Carney is doing a lecture/workshop at H&R. Be there or be square.

Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx
I had an incredible time at TAOM, my first convention.

I thought Michael Ammar's lecture (content and style) was INCREDIBLE. In my opinion, the style of the lecture sets the bar for what all lectures should look like.

Favorite trick of the convention? John Born's coin matrix. I forget what he calls it (it's some combination of two routines). I didn't really know much about John Born, but his lecture was incredible... TONS of useful ideas and fooled me quite a bit. I might have to pick up his ACAAN book at some point.

I had a great time at Banachek's lecture (not having delved into mentalism much before). I got a bunch of ideas floating around now to incporate some stuff into what I like to do.

I will definitely be returning (and it's in Austin next year!).

ahh, I wish I knew there were so many people here that were going to TAOM! We could have all met up and had a little jam session!

Anyway, I loved TAOM, I missed John's lecture, but that was the only one that I missed. If anyone was at the Malone Q&A, I was the one who he chased with a chair afterwords...Best convention EVER!

Also, you guys remember one the first night, Michael Tallon did a comedy routine
to music? He's the president of my SAM assembly, and I'm very proud.

I had a great time, DG was an awesome guy, I had the chance to talk to him before the lecture, he taught me and Steffan (The ten-year-old that rocked at flourishing, you guys know him...) some cool stuff, Steffan is a really cool kid!

I'm going to Austin next year for sure! (Already signed up)

Sep 8, 2009
John b orn is agoood friend of mine, his lecture was great, although some people disliked it because of his shadow coins.. COsted like $400 hahahha..

His real work is great though..

Malone was sick..

I filmed most of his lecturing and took notes.

Honestly.. I don't even remember any guys from the forums.. lol

Except TSD since that's the only forum that matters. hahahah

But yeah, Austin will be cool.

Kind of pissed that Bebel got sick.. Oh well.

I got some good footage though.

Sep 8, 2009
Stefffen was really weird lol..

I am going to ask him to teach me his pass. =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXkvNvrImkA

I thought the bite-out Oreos at the dealers room were the best though.. Best purchase evah!

(Besides my 3rd edition expert card technique)

By the way, I didnt even pay for the convention LOL

I signed up and the lady just printed me out my badge and I left. hahaha

goood stuff..

Were any of you guys at Danny's pool party? THat was a blast.

I crashed in the lobby Friday night ( I was the only one in there at 5 am)

And an hour later, the security guard woke me up and was like.. "Time to get up" ... I should've been like "Oh CRAP DID I MISS THE ELCTURE ALREDY!!!

And like go crazy hahaha..

So at 6, I went up to 10th floor where my friend's room was, and I didn't wanna wake em up so I went to a chair next to his room and sleeped on that for 30 mins. hahahah

Stefffen was really weird lol..

I am going to ask him to teach me his pass. =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXkvNvrImkA

I thought the bite-out Oreos at the dealers room were the best though.. Best purchase evah!

(Besides my 3rd edition expert card technique)

By the way, I didnt even pay for the convention LOL

I signed up and the lady just printed me out my badge and I left. hahaha

goood stuff..

Were any of you guys at Danny's pool party? THat was a blast.

I crashed in the lobby Friday night ( I was the only one in there at 5 am)

And an hour later, the security guard woke me up and was like.. "Time to get up" ... I should've been like "Oh CRAP DID I MISS THE ELCTURE ALREDY!!!

And like go crazy hahaha..

So at 6, I went up to 10th floor where my friend's room was, and I didn't wanna wake em up so I went to a chair next to his room and sleeped on that for 30 mins. hahahah

A little advice for you this is usually a beginners mistake but I suggest you work on it. When performing the pass it's effectivness is at it's most convincing when done in an offbeat not immedietly after you have the card lost in the deck. It should look as if you haven't done anything suspicious with the cards upon losing the card in the deck and in the moment you've got their concentration somewhere other than your hands then perform the pass.

A little advice for you this is usually a beginners mistake but I suggest you work on it. When performing the pass it's effectivness is at it's most convincing when done in an offbeat not immedietly after you have the card lost in the deck. It should look as if you haven't done anything suspicious with the cards upon losing the card in the deck and in the moment you've got their concentration somewhere other than your hands then perform the pass.

It wasn't a video of him, it was a video that he took of a kid at the convention. (Weren't you there? You didn't see the ten year old walking around doing flourishes all weekend?)

Dec 14, 2007
Line up for TAOM 2010 in Austin:

Max Maven
Eric Decamps
Michael Weber
Whit Haydn
Bob Kohler
Chad Long
John Lovick
Bill Goodwin
Alfonso
Paul Vigil

And a few surprises that you guys will be very happy to see added.

Only 500 seats available. Major discount is you register before Halloween.

You want killer closeup - here you go.

Sep 8, 2009
Shane doesn't like Texas, so he didn't go this year. :'(

Don't worry Shane, ytou didn't miss much, this wasn't really a close up convention.

As for 2010... That will be friggin sick!

Weber is on my hot list!

Shane doesn't like Texas, so he didn't go this year. :'(

Don't worry Shane, ytou didn't miss much, this wasn't really a close up convention.

As for 2010... That will be friggin sick!

Weber is on my hot list!

Oh I'm still hurting from missing it this year somewhat still powting. I f you look in the background you'll see my bro Danny & Ryan actually I was speaking to Ryan and when I saw this video it really hurt.:confused:

Actually my bad though I didn't realize that wasn't you performing in the video it's funny though cause Ryan mentioned that lid to me when he got back on Monday,

Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx
Not that much of a close-up convention? Maybe true, but I woulda paid double just to see Michael Ammar and John Born (obviously Banachek and Garcia were also incredible, and I enjoyed Paul Green a bit, too!).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results