Guardians - Self-Working Trick?

Aug 27, 2009
Alright, I purchased a deck of Guardians. Once I received the deck, I opened them up to inspect all the cards. I loved how the jokers, and the Ace of Spades looked on the face.
I put the cards back in the box.

The next day I broke out the deck & showed a card trick to a family member that was visiting.
Once I was done with the trick, I placed the cards back in the box, and set them on my desk table in my work room.

About 2 days later, I took the cards out to show a buddy how "slick looking" the Ace of Spades looked, and to my surprise the "Ace of Spades" was gone from the deck.

AMAZING!!!! - I searched high & low for this card for days, and still do not know what happened to it.

I've thought of every possible place, or "Theory" of where the card went to.

NOTHING.......

Long Story short, I just purchased a few replacement decks, and I just hope this time they don't contain the "self-working vanishing ace trick" ...... lol

I will forever be puzzled as to where the "Ace of Spades" vanished to. Just wanted to share my personal story, and I appreciate everyone who took the time to read it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
We specially designed the Bicycle Guardians to be made of a specific polymer of playing card stock. It's 62% paper, 19% fiberglass, 7% orange juice, and 3% bits of real panther meat.

The result spontaneously combusts at 70 degrees, 83 degrees, and 46 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, if you put it in a microwave, the King of Spades will vanish and turn into your choice of any of the Jonas Brothers.

Jan 13, 2008
Also, if you put it in a microwave, the King of Spades will vanish and turn into your choice of any of the Jonas Brothers.
Would it be wrong if I wanted to keep the microwave going once it turned into a Jonas Brother? :confused:

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
We specially designed the Bicycle Guardians to be made of a specific polymer of playing card stock. It's 62% paper, 19% fiberglass, 7% orange juice, and 3% bits of real panther meat.

The result spontaneously combusts at 70 degrees, 83 degrees, and 46 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, if you put it in a microwave, the King of Spades will vanish and turn into your choice of any of the Jonas Brothers.

Lol, what about propagandas.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
Yeah that happened to me once... except the whole deck was gone the next day... don't know where it went.

Surprisingly that microwave trick works 60% of the time everytime.

ZG

Jan 10, 2008
Man, my deck is probably defective, I tried the microwave trick and all I got was a bunch of sparks and a broken microwave. No popcorn for me... :(

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
the joke stopped being funny right after jb posted it.

You stopped being funny right after...wait, you were never funny.

I'm kidding Phenomena, I just had a Reddit moment ;)

To the OP, maybe when you put the deck in the box you accidentally it?

G

EDIT: Damn Reddit moments, I just can't help it :rolleyes:

Aug 27, 2009
yeah, I have no idea what happened to it, but I do appreciate everybody who has responded to this thread, because I was a little bit "p.o.'ed" about the situation, only because that was the only "Guardians" deck I had, and some of the responses up here made me smile.

Won't have to worry about that problem no more because Last night I ordered 6 guardian decks , so I will just use the deck I already have for effects the require "dupe" cards.

Just wanted to document that this happen so people won't think i'm crazy...........

WAIT....... I'm already Crazy.. lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results