Theory11, Ellusionist or Penguin magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2008
Seriously I want an example of where E has taken an old trick and resold it as a new effect. I hear that accusation all the time and I dont believe it's fair to them or their creators.

I completely agree with papercraneproductions on this one, I really don't think of E in that way. They always seem to give credit where credit is due.

Jul 13, 2009
The phrase

"Everything old is new again"
Is very relevant to what some of y'll are arguing about which is off topic a bit.

May 18, 2008
I would definitly have to say either Penguin or Ellusionist. I don't hate E, I just don't buy from them often.

Penguin has EVERYTHING, which can be good OR terrible, depending.

T11 ONLY carries quality stuff, which means that you KNOW everything is good. The con to that is that most of the stuff you want you can't get here.

All three are good companies, I just perfer Penguin and T11 (if not only for their AWESOME customer service).

LLPUB is great too.

Sep 1, 2007
T11 is my favorite. I use to be an E freak but they're going more in a downward spiral, very slowly. THey have a ton of tricks, and I think many of the small tricks are extremely over priced, and Brad Christian and his eye liner annoy me. Theory11 is extrmeely friendly, humorous in many videos, and the videos are made extremely clean and in high quality. The tricks are exclusive and are more than fair of a price. Penguin.. well, everyone has said it, the walmart, or big lots of magic. haha. E is like Fred Meyers, pretty good quality but too much useless quantity. Penguin is pretty crappy, but if you look hard enough you can find some good stuff.

Mar 2, 2008
I love pengllusionist 11.

Lol really though.

I usally buy from two places

sankey magic and pjs trick ship. I somtimes buy from penguin.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
but if you look hard enough you can find some good stuff.

In other words, DO YOUR RESEARCH!

I don't understand. Why are some people so averse to actually doing some work? Do you really need someone to pick out what's best for you? Why don't you ask us to do your laundry while we're at it?

That post translated to, "Penguin has some good stuff, but it's **** because I have to do some work myself."

How ridiculous.

Mar 21, 2009
Not sure who created the Instant Downloads, but Penguin was one of the first to have them, if not the first one.
If we talk about the tricks produced from each Magic store every one has something.

Penguin has some great downloads and DvD's with Oz Pearlman, Luke Jermay and others, you can learn many sleights and going from Cards, coins, mentalism. Luke is the king of Mentalism. They have no shipping after 25 bucks.

Ellusionist has good things but from my point of view can not be compared with penguin or Theory 11.

Theory 11 has greats DvD's, people say penguin uses many gimmicks but theory 11 uses them to, Panic, Static to name a few. They produce very good things, 1on1 very good, the cards made by them are really good.}

For me Theory 11 and Penguin has the best things.

- Quality products from the two stores.
- Quality service.
- Great Magicians.

And i must ssay theres another store i like www.dananddave.com/store
Dan and Dave choose only the Best for there store, On-Demand is great, great tricks, sleights, great way to learn from.

Cheers,
Antonio

Jul 18, 2009
In my opinion, Theory11 is almost like a specialty shop where as Penguin Magic is like a general store. You can't really compare them. It would be like comparing Rose Floral to Target.

Reactions: ParkinT
Oct 17, 2017
Singapore
i personally prefer theory11, they let you watch the full performance in the trailer so you know what you are getting when you purchase it. Ellusionist cuts the trailer so people dont reverse engineer it, and sometimes use some props that you need to purchase somewhere else to do the trick.

Nov 8, 2017
Theory 11 simply because of the fantastic customer support and fast shipping. The fact that they carry extremely high end tricks and effects and the most gorgeous decks on the planet doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: Ejwhite25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results