Man, Mountain, Rose

Jul 13, 2009

“Many many years ago, in a sad faraway land there was an enormous mountain made of rough, black stone.

Every day at sunset, on top of the mountain, a magical rose blossomed every night. Its power? Whoever plucks it gains immortality.

But no one dared go near it because its thorns were poison.

Men of all sizes talked amongst themselves about their fear of death, of pain, but never about the promise of eternal life.

Ever day, the rose wilted unable to bequeath its gift to anyone.

Its blooms only a memory, forgotten and lost at the top of that cold, dark mountain, forever alone, until the end of time.”

DragonandtheThorns.jpg

This is an adaptation of a fairytale cited from the very artistic movie called, “Pan’s Labyrinth.” I find that I am being more and more influenced by folklore and myths, Grimm fairytales, and writings of my own.
In a recent video I was influenced by the story above to do this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=stdj7M7yugA&sharing_token=O61aaH0C960gIKr8mXczYA==

All the men are the kings, the three black cards are the mountains and the rose is the phoenix with the blue rose in the center.

It would be incredible to see with the broad range of backgrounds on this forum what some of you all can come up using a story and a simple trick.

I am not saying go.out.perform I am asking you all to sit and think about tales and stories that you have heard preferably passed down through tradition and convert them into a trick and then possibly film it and share it with the rest of the forum.

Now it doesn’t have to be poetic and dramatic that is just my character and style, it would just be very interesting to see your takes on the ancient form of story telling.

Have a go, there is a very helpful reward in the end of this for all the participants.

The werewolf of the internet,

Silver

Sep 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
That is an awesome idea.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Rumpelstiltskin, where you take "wool" and spin it into "gold." There are a few things you could use to make this happen, I believe.

Great idea, brother.

Sep 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Also, this reminds me... I just bought a book called, "Favorite Norse Myths."

I don't know if that's exactly what you were thinking, but I'm sure there's a lot fo great ideas in there.

Jul 13, 2009
Wow that would be fun Alchemist, thanks for the support if you want there is a little reward gained if you post a full outline of how you would present it and post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Probably one of the more...unconventional patter types I've seen - yet one that creates an atmosphere.

Thats whats missing from so many effects now - atmosphere. You need to draw the viewer in. And that's just what you've done ;)

Props.

G

Now, I've already given you my thoughts on this, but I just wanted to say it again, I love this video. You truly did an amazing job on this.

I have an idea for something of this nature, I'll have to play around with it a bit more, and I'll record it if I can find my video camera...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results