Split Spade Lions or Mirrors?

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
What are your opinions on these two decks if you were to compare them? I am looking to order about a brick of one of the two and have owned several red split spades. but how do they compare to the mirror decks? I have heard great things about both decks.

Oct 21, 2007
split spades are no doubt the best overall custom cards out, honestly S&M don't even compare, looks wise and performance wise.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
I have used 1 deck of splitspades for over 1 year now, performing with it almost 3 times a week (I work at a restaurant 5 days / week) and this splitspades deck is still very useable, feels nice (like its a little more than broken in), perfect! The design is awesome too

I have s+ms too, but they seem to clump and don't feel so nice after a while, with SplitSpades being cheaper as well, you're getting a great deal, if it was up to me splitspades would be more expensive because of the quality.

Bottom line? SplitSpades :D

Jun 1, 2009
Split spades are amazing! I have three of each color and the first deck is still lasting since last christmas. I have only held mirrors once, and they feel really nice and the design is very elegant, but split spades get my vote.

arent mirrors sold out anyway?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
S&M are my performing deck.

But honestly, I have a hypothesis, which is this. If you were blindfolded, 95% of magicians who claim this deck to be better than that deck, couldn't tell the difference. I'm going to test that hypothesis soon and post it up here. So honestly, I'd just grab one of each, test them out - and buy them on which you like better. I personally go for S&M for design purposes only. There's not too much of a difference in handling in my opinion.

Jul 19, 2009
hmm.. although both decks are very nice, i think split spades take the cake. i have first edition smoke and mirrors but split spades still own them. although i havn't tried the second editions. so im not sure. but i would go for split spades.

-M.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I had a very bad experience with Stingers so would unequivocally say Split Spades, and would venture to guess that many would say that too.

Having said that, I would reiterate my previous advice, which is that everyone has different preferences, so the best thing to do is try one out.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
It really depends on how you like your cards to feel, in the end cards are just cards. However if you want to go in depth.

Normal bikes 7/10
Bicycle Vintage 8/10
Tally Ho #9s 9/10
Split Spades 9/10

This is solely my rating, but I think that Split Spade lions are a GREAT investment.

Sep 1, 2007
buy both and find out which one fits you better. There is no ultimate deck thats just bla bla. Everyone got another taste. That goes for every "Is Bla oder Bleh better ? " Thread. You have to find out by yourself ^^ its not that expensive:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results