Aussie NSW
Rub-A-Dub
Deluxe
By
Glenn Morphew

How Much? $10

Where At?
www.vanishingincmagic.com
http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/card-magic-downloads/rub-a-dub-deluxe/

What They Say: The classic Rub-a-Dub Card Vanish was invented by Charlie Miller, and it is a move attempted by many but mastered by few. Glenn Morphew not only does the move better than nearly every magician on the scene, but he has a radical approach that changes both the look and technique of this startling disappearance.

In this handling the card is held completely away from the top of the deck, allowing for a retention of vision never possible before. Glenn goes into every detail and nuance you need to vanish a card face down, face up, from a packet, from the deck, and even to push a card through a table. This download clocks in at 15.5 minutes, and there is tremendous value in the subtle touches and handlings taught only here.

Every move you use should be the best it can be. Next time you vanish a card, use Rub-a-Dub Deluxe.

Thoughts: What they say basically explains it all. The download is about 15.5 minutes. Multiple things are taught different techniques as to do the Rub-A-Dub with a smaller packet and such.
Now some of you may have seen this particular version of the vanish Jason England also came up with this independently as seen in the beginning sequence of 'SHADE' i believe this particular variation on the move makes it much more convincing but it is a tad knackier than the original by Charlie Miller.

Teaching The teaching is very well done. Glenn goes over all the nuances needed to be known while learning the move and the little finesses to make it look great aswell. He could have explained a little bit more on doing i with a smaller packet but he did a fine job and as with always it will come with practice.

What you learn: You will learn a few variations on the move aswell as the variation on the original (wasn't that a fun part?) so you get to learn how to do the move.
Face Up
Face Up and to the pocket.
A load from the top of the deck
Variation on the Biddle Trick.

I'll be honest the extra trick is a variation on the biddle trick which im sure alot of people even use so this little variation could be alot of fun for you guys.

Applications Wow we all know alot of routines this move can be used in from "Invisible Palm" to say a Sandwhich routine the possiblilties are endless. Along with the load he teaches from the Rub-A-Dub that could be applied for so much aswell.

Quality The Quality on this video is a bit different then normal Vanishing Inc videos. I believe Glenn filmed this himself. But still there was no difficulty to learn from it and still good as always.

Quality Magic.

If you use the Rub-A-Dub or just want to start using it you won't be dissapointed its well worth it and will make you vanish look that extra bit convincing.

Thanks For Reading and if you decide to pick it up give us a buzz in the thread tell us what you think.

Tom

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
It looks really good. The rub-a-dub is deffo one of my favourite moves, I use it ALL the time. Personally, I think the original is by far the best answer to the wuestion 'How can I vanish a card close up, convincingly?', but this is a nice little variation, and would be perfect for anybody who has seen you overdo the original handling (ie; All of my friends).

The face up subtleties are nice, and the p**m from the move looks great- Very deceptive.

I may well pick this up. Anybody heard anything about Kranzo's book on the rub-a-dub??

CL

Aug 10, 2009
thats a very good Rub a Dub but i dont know but i still feel his left hand was rushing it. i think an awesome vanish + rushing left hand = a good vanish + no rushing left hand.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results