What to say?

Dec 20, 2008
sugarland, tx
hey guys today on the bus on my way to school, i pulled out my guardians and started flourishing a little bit. Then some younger grade kids started saying things like "thats boring" and you have no life" and other things like "thats probably all you do at home". I mean i do go outside and play basketball with my frineds almost everyday and i dont practice alot but i should. I know this may be a stupid question to some, but what do i say to people like that who dont appreciate the art of flourishing and card magic. I mean yea there are some people who like to see the magic and interesting stuff but i dont know what to do about the people who dont and want to mess you up and make you feel bad. :(

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
For the most part they are probably jealous that they can't do that themselves. If they could you know they would be trying to show off which is the funny thing but thats it with magic/flourishing really you will meet alot of these kinds of people whether you know them or not they are just out to make people feel bad about themselves. Keep going dude if you love what you do do it you know your right and they aren't.

Tom

Jan 4, 2008
Well.....

You say nothing.

You don't owe them any kind of explanation. This is YOUR art, not theirs. The moment you let other peoples opinions of you effect anything, you immediately start to lose youself. Be yourself and let no one change that.

You really can't argue with people who are in that negative mindset anyway.

AND, you know what? Odds are, those kids, like most, play a ton of video games. Some might say those kids have no life, but that's what they like to do, so who are we to judge?

I wish there was a brilliant line I could give you to reply to them, but I honestly wouldn't waste my breathe. Maybe someone else here can give you that "snappy" comment.

Be yourself.

Gerald

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Maybe someone else here can give you that "snappy" comment.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

That usually helps and gains their respect.

Kidding.

Try something, if they are not the usual "bully" kids from your school and just some random guys calling you out, next time they are like "you have no life!" use the opportunity and just smile (try to not smile in a gay way) and ask them "hey, wanna see something cool?" that will pick their curiosity and then just do a random trick to them(something like a transposition maybe).

They will respect you and most probably they will stop calling your names. Being in school is all about the social gameplay, you usually have to prove your worth in society so that they can accept you, they for example, call you names and things of the like because thats their way to call out attention. Use your gift and share it with them, most probably they will respect you and even ask you the proverbial cuestion: "how did you do that!?"

Dont see it in a bad way, take the opportunity. Have balls.

Good luck man.

May 3, 2008
Tell them that's just what you do and you don't devote your entire life to it but you just like to do it.

And also, the internet can't solve all your problems for you. If you see some kids giving you a hard time think of something yourself.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
hey guys today on the bus on my way to school, i pulled out my guardians and started flourishing a little bit. Then some younger grade kids started saying things like "thats boring" and you have no life" and other things like "thats probably all you do at home". I mean i do go outside and play basketball with my frineds almost everyday and i dont practice alot but i should. I know this may be a stupid question to some, but what do i say to people like that who dont appreciate the art of flourishing and card magic. I mean yea there are some people who like to see the magic and interesting stuff but i dont know what to do about the people who dont and want to mess you up and make you feel bad. :(

Tell them "and you think I care about your opinion kid?Go home and watch cartoons"
I really would want you to say this.I know I would.

Dec 7, 2008
New Jersey
If they're younger than you say, "beat it"

If they're your age or older you can say, "your right" (that's what I'd say), or you could blow their minds. Why do you care what others think.

As far as the cool debate between magic and flourishing, it depends on the person. Dan and Dave are cooler than Daryl but Cyril is cooler than Brian Tudor (hes a flourisher reguardless of what he says)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results