Trilogy vs. Ninja

Oct 18, 2007
I don't want this to turn into an Ellusionist vs. Theory 11 thread ok guys? Keep it nice.

My question is which do you guys prefer: Trilogy or Ninja 1 and 2? Does the Trilogy teach the pass in any form? For someone beginner-intermediate which do you recommend? How does the quality of teaching compare? Are Dan and Dave very clear in their teaching style? I own Crash Course 1 and Inside magic, could I even do the stuff on Trilogy?

Thanks for any help :)

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
I don't want this to turn into an Ellusionist vs. Theory 11 thread ok guys? Keep it nice.

My question is which do you guys prefer: Trilogy or Ninja 1 and 2? Does the Trilogy teach the pass in any form? For someone beginner-intermediate which do you recommend? How does the quality of teaching compare? Are Dan and Dave very clear in their teaching style? I own Crash Course 1 and Inside magic, could I even do the stuff on Trilogy?

Thanks for any help :)

Trilogy is definitely not appropriate for a beginner (hmmm, beginner-internediate means... how long into magic ~_~?)...

The sleights in Trilogy are quite advance, in my opinion. It's fun to watch though~lol. I have the Trilogy dvds; I can only do the Hofzzy Osbourne XD...

So here is my deal. I got ninja 1 and 2 for free from an old friend and was disappointed. I payed over $65 for trilogy months ago and was never disappointed. I love watching the cardisty over and over even after I already know the moves. More bang for your bucks! < HA! get it. anyway trilogy is the way to go.

Oct 9, 2007
Amarillo, Texas
Which one to get

I would say that Ninja 1 and 2 are definitely the ones to start with. The Trilogy is amazing, but it is some VERY complicated material. And yes, I would start with Xtreme Beginnerz, then Ninja 1 and 2, then Trilogy

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
for me The Trilogy have more visual magic.. they dont explain the pass like Ninja and triumph, etc. for a beginner I'd recommend XB.. The Trilogy is better than Ninja without questioning for me..

Sep 14, 2007
trilogy, ninja, crash course, daniel garcia, justin miller....
get them all. :) they are all very good.

i dont think it's really a question of beginner, intermediate, or advanced. it's a question of patience and practice.

if your new to magic, it will just require more patience.

if your looking to learn the pass etc. your probably better off w/ ninja

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Dude, Hard Call.

Trilogy you get great advanced tricks, flourishes and utilities and misc stuff. It's like card magic candy.

With the Ninja Series, less tricks, no flourishes as far as I can remember. His presentation, teaching and editing style fit me better and I enjoy watching Brad's stuff "Dude, that rocks!" in a different way than Trilogy is more like, "What the F*%?$$!!"

Both choices have intermediate/advanced sleights. So either way, IF YOU COMMIT THE TIME TO PRACTICE, you'll get a lot out of either project. In my opinion, one isn't more advanced than the other.

Still, I feel I got SLIEGHTLY more bang out of my buck with Trilogy. I've had Ninja for over a year and still not confident enough with my pass to perform (tried it once and pulled it off... I still need to muster up a lot of courage to do any effect with a pass ... Hey if anyone can help...!). A lot more relative "baby steps" and slieghts and effects to choose from in Trilogy. Plus when I get tired working on a sleight, I can switch to a flourish. Been working on Tivo 2.0 since I got it (damn those buck twins! They are so smooth!), but have been able to work on and perform a couple others while still perfecting 2.0.

I still love ninja though.

Whenever I'm at an impasse as to what to get, I just ask myself, "Which looks more fun to me?" or "What effects will my friends and family enjoy?" It'll kill when I get Tivo 2.0 down, but it'll also kill when I get down my pass. I'm having a great time with Queens and Triumph though in the meantime.

If you plan on eventually getting both, fun factor should be your guiding light right now, either on the performing side, or the audience side.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
It depends on which you want more, either hard sleight of hand effects, hard XCM and fairly easy to master flourishes OR easy to learn effects, fairly easy to learn passes, and a couple effects that are easy to do, don't take anytime to do that have become my favs. I donno its weird to put the trilogy and ninja together like that, it seems like they're in a completely different category. The trilogy has amazing stuff in it, i've learned so much from it and a lot of the simple flourishes I use a lot. On the other hand I haven't or I guess I don't really know when to use a pass, I barely ever use it and ninja 1 and 2 focus a lot of the pass and simple techniques to get cards where you want them. I do agree thoguh this is definelty a hard choice to make

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
I have to admit that I did the pass before watching Ninja 1 and 2, but I never really "learned" the pass until I watched those videos. Brad is a fantastic teacher, and the Ninja products are fantastic as well. They are definitely geared more towards the beginner.

Trilogy I do not own. I've seen the first couple of discs at my friends house, and the material is definitely a bit tougher than Ninja. I believe in a starting point and a grey area of skill, but pretty much anything can be learned if you put time and effort into practice.

Ninja 1 is all about the pass, and Ninja 2 has some nice utility moves. I'm going to end up buying Trilogy anyways... I always like to have the most complete library of anything I have... I'm OCD like that and my wife hates it! lol

Aug 31, 2007
I don't own Ninja, but like the others have said, the Trilogy does not teach the pass in any form... I do have the Trilogy though, and it is amazing. But the stuff on there is HARD. And the thing that gets me is how easy they make it look <_< haha but with practice, I'm convinced it's the most amazing stuff you'll ever know.

Sep 1, 2007
Apples and oranges, dude. Apples and oranges...

Finally someone points this out. The Ninjas and the Trilogy are totally different. It really just comes down to which one that you think you want more. The Ninjas would be easier for you but if you feel that you're ready to take on the Trilogy then go for it. However, as far as flourishing/XCM goes, start with XB(Xtreme Beginnerz). It's fantastic dvd that served as my and many others foundation in flourishing/XCM. You have some tough decisions...but only you can make them.

Oct 21, 2007
I have seen both Ninja 1 & 2, If you want more bang for your $$$, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Card College set. There are 5 books total, but those books will feed you so much information and teachings its insane. There are a lot of sleights in this book to learn, as well as some affects and routines with cards. you will also learn some really nice color changes. So much is packed into these books, I find them better then the DVD's personally.

If you just want the DVD's, You could get Royal Road to card magic DVD set. or just get Ninja 1 & 2. Card College is REALLY a fine set of books to learn from.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I don't own the Ninjas but I read what material it has, and I own the Trilogy, Ninja is more of the classical type of magic, while the Trilogy is more modern and new, which is good thing, they don't teach the pass, but that doesn't that it doesn't use the old moves, but still Trilogy is probably more advanced than Ninja, I don't know but Trilogy is not for beginners in caard magic, and definately not for beginners in Flourishing, Trilogy is more modern, that's what I will say

Aug 31, 2007
California
trilogy is more advanced. ninja is good for beginners, that's what i used to start, it has basic techniques and tricks and stuff but it'll get you on your way. plus brad may sometimes take a lonnnnnnggggggg time to teach haha. but that's just my preference.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results