Untitled - Card Routine

OK so I say it in the video but I'll say again here too. This is a card routine I have been putting together, it is called untitled - I don't I need to state the obvious about not having a name for it yet.

Anyway, as I say in the video I am new to Card Magic (coming up on 3 weeks) so I haven't credited anyone because I don't know who to credit and for what, so any help in that department would be great.

However what I am really after is tips, critique what to improve, what to change and advice on improving my sleights - which are probably pretty obvious at the moment I would imagine. Oh and sorry I sound so bored, I have been ill all day (hence why I am sitting on my bed)... I normally put a lot more enthusiasm into my patter, honest.

Untitled - http://s732.photobucket.com/albums/ww323/lmaguire1989/?action=view&current=Untitled.flv - Enjoy

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
A lot of people know this trick as, "Quick as a Wink." Anyway, your sleights are okay, but you need to work on them a little more. I would practice, especially, the move with the two jokers...

Just my advice...

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
couple tips.

first your angle for your out jog on the over handle shuffle was terrible, the out jog was obvious. hold the deck more toward the center of your body, and use your right hand as cover.

second, i wouldn't use a fan to pick cards, or find cards, to hard to get cards out of the deck that way. Just spread them between hands.

Thirdly, I wouldn't say anything about being able to shuffle a card to top or bottom, most people don't know you can even do that.
Just something i thought of when you said that.

Other then that its a good trick, its one of the ones i first learned.

keep practicing

Aug 4, 2009
I agree with Jok3r.. when you in jogged the card, you were displaying them off to the side almost as if you were showing the injog.. If you keep the deck perpendicular to your body, it will look more natural, and hide the injog better...

and you could say "It would be a shame if your card were the top or the bottom card.. it would make the trick too easy, so lets just eliminate them.." rather than telling them, "I can control a card to the top or bottom." Then no one would play poker with you.

Yes... that's what I mean, even though I wasn't trying to reveal the trick. xD
Yeah I just released what I said, that was a bit special of me lol. I think I'll go edit my post...

couple tips.

first your angle for your out jog on the over handle shuffle was terrible, the out jog was obvious. hold the deck more toward the center of your body, and use your right hand as cover.

Yeah I noticed that when I watched the video back. Thanks for that tip though, it makes it look a lot more natural when you shuffle too.

second, i wouldn't use a fan to pick cards, or find cards, to hard to get cards out of the deck that way. Just spread them between hands.

That is a good point too, I falling foul of the "keep things simple Vs. look what I can do" problem. I'll cut that out from now on and just do it the simple but effect way.

Thirdly, I wouldn't say anything about being able to shuffle a card to top or bottom, most people don't know you can even do that.
Just something i thought of when you said that.

Yeah, that is true - A layperson wouldn't even think about that when they are watching the trick. In that case do you think I should cut out the bit where I show the top and bottom card?

Other then that its a good trick, its one of the ones i first learned.

keep practicing

Will do, thanks for all the honest advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Yeah I just released what I said, that was a bit special of me lol. I think I'll go edit my post...

Yeah I noticed that when I watched the video back. Thanks for that tip though, it makes it look a lot more natural when you shuffle too.

That is a good point too, I falling foul of the "keep things simple Vs. look what I can do" problem. I'll cut that out from now on and just do it the simple but effect way.

Yeah, that is true - A layperson would even think about that when they are watching the trick. In that case do you think I should cut out the bit where I show the top and bottom card?

Will do, thanks for all the honest advice.

i would skip the showing the top and bottom card.

some of the best advice ive ever gotten was,

dont run unless your being chased.

you dont need to convince someone of something that doesnt need convincing

and you could say "It would be a shame if your card were the top or the bottom card.. it would make the trick too easy, so lets just eliminate them.." rather than telling them, "I can control a card to the top or bottom." Then no one would play poker with you.

Lol, that is a good point, I kind of give light to the system behind the trick and after all if it isn't the bottom card, they might ask to see the next card
up from it to make sure it isn't that one either. Your statement works a lot better, I think I'll use words to that affect in future. Thanks for the advice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results