Cup + Balls / Chop Cup

Sep 17, 2009
ENGLAND
:) Hey there fellow magicians! just wondering have any of you all had any experience with the cup and balls or chop cup? Been doing the cup and balls for about 3 years and must say it really does need a bit of attention to detail, but is well worth the effort after you get through the patient barrier if you get my meaning. But the chop cup just seemed to drop into place a bit easy for me due to my cup and ball praticing, Anyway would like to hear any feed back on you guys on this subject if any. thanks Gary.;);)

I love the cups and balls. It is everything magic. Vanish, Appearance, Transpositions. penetrations. And involves a lot of great magician skills, such as mis-direction. However, I must say that I don't perform CB too often because It does not really fit my style. I wish there was a way to make the effect more modern.

Sep 17, 2009
ENGLAND
Re. cup+balls.

Could not agree more on that luka. I myself dont really use this in my performance. Infact the only time I really perform this is around family and friends. Infact the only reason I started praticing was because I once read a book about Harry Houdini and in the book he quoted that a magician can only be called a magician if he can do the cups and balls.:)

Mar 2, 2008
I love the cups and balls. It is everything magic. Vanish, Appearance, Transpositions. penetrations. And involves a lot of great magician skills, such as mis-direction. However, I must say that I don't perform CB too often because It does not really fit my style. I wish there was a way to make the effect more modern.

It's sold out here and this might be a hard find but it might go with your style.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=812

Sep 17, 2009
ENGLAND
Cups and balls.

It's sold out here and this might be a hard find but it might go with your style.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=812
Thanks for that very interesting link, Luka. :) Im gobsmacked that jay sankey is putting another one of his many projects into the magic market, and the cup and balls!! wow!!. been a fan of him for about 5 years now and will probaly add this to my many collections of other items that I own by this cool magician. Thanks.:D

Jan 11, 2009
I performed the chop cup routine and the 3 cup routine with chop cup for many many years after it came out in the 70's.
I know I am now a fashion photographer who spends grueling days after days watching beautiful women taking off their clothes and photographing them naked and putting it on my blog but I did spend 35 years in magic and actually used the chop cup in a contest for SAM in Ma. but came in second place. Of course you can read about my experience in magic and with celebrities in my blog that is updated every day as well as my paintings and professional pictures of celebrities and well known models. Hope this helps ya

I performed the chop cup routine and the 3 cup routine with chop cup for many many years after it came out in the 70's.
I know I am now a fashion photographer who spends grueling days after days watching beautiful women taking off their clothes and photographing them naked and putting it on my blog but I did spend 35 years in magic and actually used the chop cup in a contest for SAM in Ma. but came in second place. Of course you can read about my experience in magic and with celebrities in my blog that is updated every day as well as my paintings and professional pictures of celebrities and well known models. Hope this helps ya

This was a quality post.

Honest.

Sep 17, 2009
ENGLAND
Re; cup+balls

:
:) Wow!! thats some memories and experience there my friend, All those years performing the cups and balls, and now take pictures of nice young ladys, hmm I see ya point!! But was wondering do you still have the occasional pratice on the cups and balls or have you put it too rest?:cool:

after reading this i just have a few questions.

1. Who cares?

2. How would this help anyone?

3. I doubt you really do that career, I have personally worked with a lot of videographers, and photographers, and none of them brag about the nude sessions they do for two simple reasons. Professionally, and Maturity.

However if everything you said was true, I would hate for someone as childish and unprofessional as you to take photos for me. Good job you are an idiot, and a simple post like that one is enough to ruin any credible reputation you have.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results