Illegal to Flourish

Jul 19, 2009
hay guys im still on summer holiday(amazingly) and im in new york. when me and my cuz started flourish on the way to the restaurant they said it was illegal to play with card in public. we where like WHAT!! and it was a real law. now i have 2 question is this a like real law. and second if so what did david blaine do when he did his street magic specials in new york??

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
Umm I don't know if that is possible for a law like that to be put in place. Maybe there is one and I just have never heard of it, but it sound a little bit like a joke.

Sep 13, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
well, there is a law saying that you cant have a street performance(like a guitar, cards, or any "gathering", realy) without a license in New York City. (I would know, because I live in Brooklyn, and 1 of my friends was caught street performing without a license. They confiscated his hat and he got a 50 dollar fine + a warning) But I think that if you perform for free, like me, it is perfectly legal. When you were flourishing, were you just doing flourishes, or did you have a crowd around you? And more importantly, was it a free show, or did you accept tips? Because if you remember from his special, David Blaine didnt take money from his spectators(but he went through alot more trouble since he had a camera, and was on TV and all that. If he did that illegally, he would have gotten alot more than a 50 dollar fine, and a warning)

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to play card games, but only if it's for money. I highly doubt doing flourishes in public is illegal. If it is, that guy sure was a jealous jerk to say something to you to make you stop.

Where do you live in New York?

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
In Sydney Australia

-Illegal to busk without a license
-Illegal to play cards inside some areas shopping centers (think its gambling)
-Illegal to create a public nuisance e.g. doing magic on the streets for fun and creating lots of drama that disturbs others
-Illegal to do any form of hypnosis without proper training and certification. (But I am sure a few wild monkeys will do it anyways)

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
In Sydney Australia

-Illegal to create a public nuisance e.g. doing magic on the streets for fun and creating lots of drama that disturbs others
-Illegal to do any form of hypnosis without proper training and certification. (But I am sure a few wild monkeys will do it anyways)

That pretty much summed the situation in where I live.

Dec 16, 2008
In Sydney Australia

Wow....................anyway I think the New York's story is a joke lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results