How Do You Get Clean After A Shape-Shifter?

Hay folks, I have a question for you all. I have been working on a routine for a while now that involves a shape-shifter colour change, however I find it hard to get clean afterwards and make it look natural. Any tips from the top?

Thanks for your time, Vince

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
well after you execute the change just casually drop the card onto the deck and let them pick it up to inspect it. It kind of gives you a motive to put it back on the deck.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
well.
Im not one who performs shape shifter a lot anymore...
But. I dont think anyone would notice if you just dropped the double on the deck (no exposure. who doesnt noe the shape shifter?) Its a color change. People would see the change and react rather than see the change, wait for the clean up then react.
But if you really want a natural-ler looking clean up...I would rotate it clockwise back on the deck after the change slowly just to continue the rotating motion of the change. I honestly dont like the Shape shifter as it looks unatural on its own, the whole flip and all.
If you want to end "clean" without the orignal card back on top, perform the shape shifter with a double as the original card.

Sep 13, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
one thing i do sometimes is execute the shapeshifter in the action of coming up and slapping the card on the face of the deck. this is good for 4 reasons. 1, it automatically ends clean. 2, it gives extra misdirection for those just starting the move or those not confident with it yet. 3, there is next to no chance that even the most observant of spectators will notice that you are holding different corners opposite. 4, if the card on bottom slips, which would usually ruin the trick, with this method, it happens so fast that nobody will notice anything. Once you execute the change, hand the card out, and i do a pass, not a cut. i then show the top and bottom cards, showing nothing out of order.

Thanks for all your help guys, I guess I primarily just need to practice, practice, practice and just see how it goes.

one thing i do sometimes is execute the shapeshifter in the action of coming up and slapping the card on the face of the deck.

This is a really interesting Idea, I would love to see a video of how you do it, if that would be ok?

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
If it is possible have the card that is being changed into one card lower in the deck. Do a double lift and then do the change with an extra card. That way you are left with an X-Card on top of the deck so if people want to see the top card you can show it to them.

May 7, 2009
what i like to do is after the change hold it there for a little. let them react. if u did it rite they should all be looking at their buddies going "What the "beep" just happened" this is where i casually drop it on the deck and thumb it off

Oct 23, 2007
i usually get a "what the beep" while the change happens, so this gives me the motive to drop it back on the deck, thumb off the card, and show it front and back, and i get reallly crazy reactions just for this one sleight.

i usually only use it in either a ambitious card routine, or a card to pocket routine, what about u guys?

Sep 24, 2009
using the pass for that is not overkill, if you cut SOME people if they see you do it will be like "see your just trying to hide it" or some b.s like that. I personally never have a problem because if i EVER use shapeshifter (i don't much anymore) i use it in say an ACR and then go to losing they're selection again therefore cleaning up and the duck change is nice but if i have good angles with the specs my favorite at the moment is probably the ego change and for people scared of the ego change cause of the sound use this right before/as you execute it (depends on your style before they'll know your gonna change the card during they'll already be seeing it) "not only will you see your card change you'll actually hear the card tear apart and reform into your card" depends on your style but mention that they will hear it change and they don't mention it and think they were supposed to hear it

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
This is strictly my opinion. While it is true that pass will conceal that card that was changed from was nowhere near the top, I feel that maybe unnecessary. I daresay, if you were to use a pass to hide the card to the center (or anywhere really), gambler's cop would be more efficient. If the spectator asks for it, flip the entire deck face up, state that it's not even in the deck anymore, and while handing out the deck, just cop the card and hand out for examination. (this too, i feel like is an overkill)

However, I feel like I should mention that don't run when you are not being chased. Don't try to prove that there is nothing to hide, unless you gave them a reason to believe you have something to hide. (this is a very long way of me saying when the change happened, I put the card on the deck, push off the top card, and do nothing else) So relax, practice, a lot of advices has been provided by everybody, and pick what works best for you. Yep.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results