The M5

i tried to search this up but M5 is a little too short.

SOO
anywho.
my friend wants to get this because of the new E dvd that came out.
i told him that i wouldnt get it, but he thinks its the coolest thing.

now for people who HAVE IT or have USED IT. is it worth it at all? do you use it at all?
just trying to help him out by saving his money
Oh, and he does magic as a hobby. if that matters

I was actually a major fan of the M5 when I performed a lot of animation and psychokinesis stunts a few years ago. Honestly, I don't think anything else really comes close to it in terms of PK effects. It's a great tool that can be used for a lot of different types of magic. Admittedly, I even used the M5 for various paid performances but I gradually stopped doing so. I personally stopped using the M5, but not because it's a subpar device. I stopped using it because I was just getting lazy making the required props for it. If your friend's willing to put in the required amount of practice and energy into making the M5 work, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get it. Most of the negativity toward this device comes from close-minded individuals who don't like excessive gimmicks. The M5 admittedly does take some getting used to, but once you're familiar with it, you can perform some really great miracles.

I'd recommend it.

With that said, if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, I'd recommend looking into thread work. A lot of the material that can be done with the M5 can be duplicated with an ITR. This is what I currently use and I'm fully satisfied with the transition. Michael Ammar has some great thread DVDs and Mesika has a great product called the Spider Pen which is essentially a cleverly disguised ITR. These have been very valuable resources for me, and I love using them on a regular basis. Thread work does enable you to do more 'impromptu' work than the M5, and it's been more practical for me using in paid performances.

RS.

Mar 2, 2008
My friend got is for free from one of his friends who hated it.

Dont get it close to techonolgy. Me and my friend tested it out on his card and when we took it off (about 30 seconds latter) it chipped the paint!!!

I never tried acaully using it though.

Jan 10, 2008
I've been performing and making up new effects with the M5 for about three years now. I'd highly recommend it. If your friend gets it, tell him to go all out and invest in the Pro Micro-5 kit. It's well worth the money. Once you understand how it works and what you can do with it, you'll understand it's value.

Have fun!

David

Sep 17, 2009
ENGLAND
M5 pro.

Well Iam still not sure about buying this product, although I nearly purchased this yesterday. IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO HERE!!:( my mind is saying get the item, and another part of me is saying DONT!!!:eek:

Mar 2, 2008
Well Iam still not sure about buying this product, although I nearly purchased this yesterday. IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO HERE!!:( my mind is saying get the item, and another part of me is saying DONT!!!:eek:

Think, do you see yourself using this? Does it fit to your style and liking?

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
I love it... as people has previously stated, if it fits into your style and routines then get it. To me it's very bulky and I really don't like to carry it around with me that often anymore. I got tired of mishaps.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I've used similar devices to the M-5 for years, there's a lot you can do with it, you've gotta be creative and willing to put in the work though as stated previously.

I'm a bit of a PK freak as I'm sure you're aware, so I am biased, but I love it.

Best,

DC

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results