Idea for Halloween

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
I have been thinking of halloween, and trying to decide on what want to do. Last year was head drop/stigmata...

this year i wanted to do something equally has hard hitting...but wasnt sure what

My first idea came from south park, which was fcking brillant by the way, i was going to dress up as a roman catholic priest, the robe, jewlery, hat etc

and of coarse, have a dog leash, attatched to a young boy.
unfortunately its quite hard finding parents willing to let me borrow their son for a few hours (to collect the 500$ college costume reward)

so i have decided to make a new suit...its head drop/stigmata, and ive also added that trick by andrew mayne...the hand through chest thing, in which a friend will help me out on.

But im missing something, and heres the point of my thread. Im looking for a knife that shoots blood....but preferably (if it exists) a knife that can be illustrated first that its "real" by cutting sya a carrot in half, but then when used on my arm, doesnt do any damage to me except squits blood everywhere.

does anybody know a quality place/site i can purchase this from?
to get an idea of what im talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZg7_aTLqq0

Aug 18, 2008
Thats a pretty horrible costume idea, you wont win any contest if you offend half the people who see it.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
i have them...im looking for literally a knife....thats half real (or appears to be) and able to squirt blood (or have blood behind the knife, whatever)
check the barry and stuart video...

as for the thing being inappropriate, howso?

I have been thinking of halloween, and trying to decide on what want to do. Last year was head drop/stigmata...

this year i wanted to do something equally has hard hitting...but wasnt sure what

My first idea came from south park, which was fcking brillant by the way, i was going to dress up as a roman catholic priest, the robe, jewlery, hat etc

unfortunately its quite hard finding parents willing to let me borrow their son for a few hours (to collect the 500$ college costume reward)

so i have decided to make a new suit...its head drop/stigmata, and ive also added that trick by andrew mayne...the hand through chest thing, in which a friend will help me out on.

But im missing something, and heres the point of my thread. Im looking for a knife that shoots blood....but preferably (if it exists) a knife that can be illustrated first that its "real" by cutting sya a carrot in half, but then when used on my arm, doesnt do any damage to me except squits blood everywhere.

i'm gonna waer my regular gimmick.....i'll be Cedric "the geek"....i'm gonna be a flesh eating geek.....i'll do some real performances with that....its me on a everyday......i perform as the persona.....

Aug 18, 2008
i have them...im looking for literally a knife....thats half real (or appears to be) and able to squirt blood (or have blood behind the knife, whatever)
check the barry and stuart video...

Are you seriously asking why it is inappropriate to dress up as a roman catholic priest with a KID on a dog leash...?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
The priest and boy costume idea is nothing new. I've seen this done numerous times in the past 5 years. Some people laugh and others hate it. Me personally...probably wouldn't do it. I entered a costume party contest last year as a mime and didn't talk the entire night (3 hrs) except mime and people laughed their asses off and I won the first prize. They said it was hilarious and even more funny as I got drunk at the party.

As far as effects...man....I would say SICK has to be up there as far as gruesome.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
dressing up as the devil is appropriate?

dont really want to get into a religion bashing thread (as easy and fun as it is)
Its basically a political statement
You see on march 16th, 1962 a bill was passed secretly in the vatican called
"crimen sollicitations"
meaning- on the manner of proceeding in cases of solicitation

its basically a "rule book" on how to cover up and protect a priest convicted of child molestation. So my costume was to symbolize the hyprocracy on how the church is all about "helping the children".
but i digress...

i think i found what im looking for, hank lee's magic shop, knife through arm, 95$

edit- as far as sick goes...doesnt work with me...not enough skin i guess, and saw is awkard...

My first idea came from south park, which was fcking brillant by the way, i was going to dress up as a roman catholic priest, the robe, jewlery, hat etc and of coarse, have a dog leash, attatched to a young boy.
]

Am I the only one who finds this Hilarious? however I am glad you will not be doing it. as for you knife...I have no idea

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS

because it's stereotyping the worst of what gets seen of catholics.

like assuming that all muslims are suicide bombers, or all americans are fat, or all asians are bad drivers, or all politicians are corrupt, etc.

if i went to a party dressed in a shirt with an american flag on it, wearing a fat suit, with a hotdog in hand, would that go down well? i mean, it is damn funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
oh im sorry
i didnt mean to insult the most powerful organization in the world who has been responsible for more deaths than any war, disease, droughts etc in the history of mankind, feeding off lies and the gullability of people.

You do know a study was done in 2008, showing that 55-60% of priests in america are homosexual.

Just food for thought.

Time for movie prop building 101!

Take a large, very large, if not overly large butcher knife or chef's knife with a wooden handle. Carve out a bowl on one side of the handle. Out a little hot glue in the bowl and attach a rubber bulb. You can easly buy these at any Babies R Us store. They look like blue turkey basters without the long plastic basting tube. Get a small, thin grade medical tube (see any home depot, or simular like "get it done" store). Attach said tube to said bulb. Hot glue the tube so it runs alongside the blade, Suck up some stage blood. (1 part kero syrup 3 part red food dye. Add a little water if you want it more runny.) And your good to go.

Hold the knife in such a way that the bulb is hidden from sight. Give the handle a squeeze, and bingo. Instant bloody projectile.

Project cost will be well under 20$ bucks.

Aug 18, 2008
Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
oh im sorry
i didnt mean to insult the most powerful organization in the world who has been responsible for more deaths than any war, disease, droughts etc in the history of mankind, feeding off lies and the gullability of people.

You do know a study was done in 2008, showing that 55-60% of priests in america are homosexual.

Just food for thought.

source that.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
oh im sorry

Just food for thought.

and stop trying to justify yourself. an insult is an insult.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results