Stage Names

My name is Andy Lukaszewski. As an entertainer, I can not perform with a name like that. It has to be memorable. Now the Amazing Andy or Andy The Illusionist, would only take a step back in the magic world, the complete opposite of what we are attempting to do here on theory11. Since I was in grade School I simply went by the name Luka. that is what everyone (except family) calls me. However I still feel I need a stage name, Something that is catchy, but does not sound too over the top. Something people will remember. I am debating if I should go by a one name thing. (like Banacheck and Madona) and go with Luka. The other Idea was throwing around was Ashton Andrews. its simple and has a nice right to it. What are your opinions? Or if you have any other suggestions I would Love to hear them.

Jun 22, 2009
DeLuka "The Luka" lol.

Honestly this is something you need to let come to you as no one can give you a name of the top of the dome that you would consider great.

I go by the name Mikk Pärg.(don´t try to pronounce it guys...) And really i use that on stage to. I don´t care if its memorable or not, i will be making it memorable because im going to say it 50 times in a show :).
(a bit sleepy sorry if im a bit akward)

Mikk.

The name Luka has actually been one of my favorite names for quite a few years now. It's different, but not awkward. My real name is Kyle, however ALL my friends call me Zia (Zee-uhh). I've been called that for awhile now, but on stage I go by my real name. I personally don't like stage names. But Luka is part of your real name. Look at Teller, thats his last name. Thats what everyone called him before. I say just use Luka since it's what everyone calls you.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I really don´t like the type of names like "The Amazing xxxxx" or "The Magic Of xxxxx" or " Magician xxxx" or "Magical xxxxx" because I tend to think about a magician with a hat and a cape and lots of rabbits!!

I think names like Luka are great my stage name is "Vega" and when I present myself to somebody new I call myself "Close-Up Illusionist"

I can't really go into too much detail here without typing out a seven page essay. This is a subject that I've thought long and hard over, before coming to a resolution. (Obviously since I wasn't born with the name "William Draven", it's a stage name.)

This is really a hot subject, and there are many arguments and counter arguments for creating a stage name. Everything from your pets name + the street you live on to a more zen approach of meditating until something comes to you.

Some times it pays to name yourself something appropriate to your act. While other times any name but your own will do.

If I do write an essay, you can be sure I'll post it here first, but I'll leave you with this.

What ever name you decide to use, however you go about obtaining it, make sure that what name you chose you can commit to. Do NOT go name hopping, unless you want to confuse the hell out of your audiences, and booking people. A single name change is okay. I am named this: but I go by X on stage. But if you have more names than a secret agent has covers it weakens your act dramaticly.

Personally I think there is something to be said in the marketing of a single name. Luka. Draven. Blackstone. Houdini, etc etc. I think it is a bit more powerful than The Amazing Alex the Enchanter! Or something equally assinine.

But to each their own. This has given me something to think about.

...this is what happens when I start thinking too much about a single topic of interest for FAR to long.

8 hours later I've filled up 28 pages of notes in my personal journal about this subject, and drafted a 10 point outline that is still growing strong. I feel that I've maybe only covered half to three quarters the information in what I've drafted thus far.

I have a strong suspicion that another epic serries of posts is comming. I highly doubt I'll have the time to crank them out this weekend, but starting Monday... I have a strong feeling this will be a multi day effort.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
What's wrong with your name? It's not like people are going to laugh at it or anything. If you want you can simply go with "The Amazing" Andy. The Astonishing Andy. or use your real first name and come up with a different last name that suits your fancy.

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Dude, it's not your name that people will remember... it's your performance, your character and YOUR BUSINESS CARD!!! "Guaranteed Crowds!" Die cut, full color

In all seriousness, it's true.... Wow them! That's the main draw! Your performance will dictate on whether or not they talk about you after the performance is done. Referral business is the best business -- leveraging the contacts of the people attending your show right now. They do the marketing for you!

Titles and stage names, if they get too creative, become a gimmick. If you're going to go that route, a title is just sizzle on the steak. It's seasoning. Even if Justin Kredible didn't have a witty stage name, he still put's on a great show!

Careful with titles because a title connotates something, and for the most part will fly if you've got a witty comical aspect to your show. Titles also need verification. You better be AMAZING if that's in your title.

Early in my career I went with Amazing Anthony, and found that my magic/ juggling act was more Mediocre Anthony. So I lowered the audiences standards of what they expected of me and for 200 business cards went with Antonio the Naughty Magician. That actually went pretty well, but people wanted Jay Sanky-esque wit, humor, sponge balls (in other shapes besides balls as my finale to the routine), and sucker tricks more than WOW factor. It became more a stand up act, which was fine as I love to entertain, but it got me away from what I really loved: Astonishing audiences! (ohhh... maybe I can do Astonishing Anthony).

shucks... just do something simple and let your stage name be your first and middle name...

Sep 24, 2009
William multiple stage names could be quite funny for someone to use in a show (if there more into comedy routines) eg. "hey im kyle aka kyle the amazing, aka the rabbit hatter, aka the madman aka the card eater etc etc" you get the point and then if someone calls you a different name or a name you already mentioned, you can say "how did you know that another one of my aliases" or "wow watch out he/she has a good memory" really depends on your performing style but for booking yes like advil one is often enough

Sep 24, 2009
just throwing this out there your wrong haha raymond joseph teller is his full name so yes, teller is just his last name. and Penn is penn jillette's first name though your right he does have a passport with just teller on it thats not his full name even if he legally changed it to just teller :p he DOES have a name otherwise lol

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
You know, up here in Scandinavia (and probably elsewhere) there's a popular 711 cafe-esque place called Deli de Luca.

Reminds me of you :p

Either way, I would go for the single name. When you've gone around enough, it will become memorable.

G

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Dude, it's not your name that people will remember... it's your performance, your character and YOUR BUSINESS CARD!!! "Guaranteed Crowds!" Die cut, full color

However, your name needs to have POWER with it. When someone calls up an agent would you rather than say, "I want to book that one guy I saw do this trick. Can't remember his name" OR would you rather them say "I want to hire (Your name here) again. He was GREAT!"

Personally I would rather someone remember who I am than what I do. However, it should be EVERYTHING they remember, but my name should come first.

your wrong haha raymond joseph teller is his full name so yes, teller is just his last name.
Actually, he did change his name to JUST Teller. He has no first nor middle name anymore. So yer both right, but you need to learn how to capitalize proper names.

William multiple stage names could be quite funny for someone to use in a show (if there more into comedy routines) eg. "hey im kyle aka kyle the amazing, aka the rabbit hatter, aka the madman aka the card eater etc etc" you get the point and then if someone calls you a different name or a name you already mentioned, you can say "how did you know that another one of my aliases" or "wow watch out he/she has a good memory" really depends on your performing style but for booking yes like advil one is often enough

Wow that's a really good point there Kyle! And Danna Daniels does something like that in his "No Show" act.

In the right hands, that could play very well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results