Dangerous Motion

Sep 25, 2009
hi guys, i want to know if i can perfrom Dangerous Motion if i have very low level of manipulation skill, but i have the patience to practice. if ull think there's no way im going to get it, then what should i do? i really like Motion and i want to go straight into it, i have the patience to practice. I also have "hand" problems please read some of the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 25, 2009
my skill level is serously very low tho, but im 200% sure i have the patience to practice, i just afraid that i cant do it if i go straight into the Motion dvd

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
motion has some low level flourishes to start out with which is great they are NOT easy if you are just starting flourishing but if you master those you can move onto the tougher things on the dvd.

May 3, 2008
so i can get the dvd even if i just start flourishing, just require lots of practice?

Probably. Just keep in mind you will drop A LOT of cards. Just don't get discouraged. I had The Trilogy for about a year before I got into the flourishes. I tried them but they were too hard. Then one day I just decided to try again and I still messed up a lot but I kept going. Also, even people who are amazing at flourishing need to practice a certain flourish a lot before they perfect it.

Sep 25, 2009
i already expect to pick up cards, i dont mind that. but if i also buy the Mystique dvd, and im right handed, and looks like Daniel Madison's left handed, will that cause a big problem?

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
Because you are right handed that might cause a little problem. But all you have to do it just pause the dvd, and transfer what you saw to the opposite hand.
Im not right handed but thats where I actually started, I didnt know ANY. There are some really nice looking flourishes.
You probably will jump from one to another ( thats what i did), but you will find a good one that your gonna stick with learning.

Pacience and Practice! D+M Says that a lot in the dvd.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
i already expect to pick up cards, i dont mind that. but if i also buy the Mystique dvd, and im right handed, and looks like Daniel Madison's left handed, will that cause a big problem?

I think that will be a bigger problem with Motion. You're just going to have to your best to reverse his actions. It will be tricky but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. If you're still REALLY struggling, try placing a mirror next to your TV. That way it'll be left handed.

May 18, 2008
Madison IS right handed.

The flourishes are ALL great. I use about 5 or 6 right now, but that is the ONE DVD I started manipulation with, and it has been uphill since then.

I started with it, and I am not bad now, so I advise other people to start with it.

There are some easy, some hard. It is a great DVD.

And Mystique is EVEN better! I perform EVERY trick off of that DVD. Only magic DVD I can say that about.

May 3, 2008
I think you've got it wrong. Right handed people hold the deck in their left hand and do other things in their right hand because thing's like dealing, doing a double lift, etc. actually require more finger coordination.

So if you hold the deck in your left hand you're right-handed and if you hold the deck in your right hand you're left-handed.

So in case there's some confusion, Daniel Madison is right-handed, meaning he holds the deck in his left hand and does things like dealing in his right hand.

Which are you?

May 3, 2008
omg, then im left handed, i use my left hand to do double lift and things like that!!

It seems like you are. Some people who are right handed to write wonder why they're left handed with cards (which is pretty common) but I think it's because writing takes a different type of coordination than flourishing. That's why I'm a lot better at one-handed cuts with my left hand.

There are quite a few popular left handed flourishers though like Bone Ho and Andrei Jikh.

Motion is great, but if you're just starting out, then you might want to wait a little bit. it was the first cardistry DVD i bought,(and the first magic related thing i ever bought online) but i already had a about a year in a half of experience with cards, so the moves were easy to learn(for the most part).

i would suggest learning all of the basics first. such as:
thumb fan
one handed fan
ribbon spread
spring
dribble
2 handed cuts
1 handed cuts
arm spread catches

Sep 25, 2009
wait, but pinguincdude i use my right hand to write, and im still left-handed? or with the cards, it's different case? i do hold deck with right hand and do double lift with left hand tho.

Sep 25, 2009
i played cards for 2 years already, but i just didnt start any card manipulations, just some card tricks

Dec 12, 2008
i personally liked motion a lot
there are both easy ones and hard ones and lethal X and sybil in the rain always get a lot of attention from people.

and to add, i started flourish with Motion. Dangerous DVD trailer was one of the thing that got me into the magic. and i did learn a lot from this DVD

i really recommand to get this one :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results