Hello my name is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Many of you already know who i am, many of you not.
This thread is not to say hello for the first time.

2007 summer.
The year i started magic, and i am not kidding!

28.July.2007 is the date i can officially remember being i truly in magic.

In august i heard of an event, called Theory11. http://www.whatistheory11.com.

I found the darkness/light page in 1,5 hours. :)
I was excited, i was a newbie so i knew nothing. My knowledge was zero.
I was looking forward for a change, i felt that i was about to be a part of something big. Something that would change my views forever.

What happened?

This page came. Now known as Theory11.com came from that. I was dissapointed and left for a few months. Re found the page in 2008 Januray and participated in the discussions. The first page was full of new topics in a few hours and they were mostly good questions.

Now, 2 years later. The people i met are gone. The potential, the good topics everything is gone.
It is now a memory of something that was once something great.

The worldwide magic boom is over.
This forum is on its last straw and soon most of the current active users will be gone.

Im sorry to let this place go. It has been my home for almost all my magic carrieer.

Thank you all for making this place what it was.

Mikk.

PS. This is not a goodbye thread. Its my feelings of this place. The potential this place had is now gone. The string that always kept me on my feet is gone. I remember when Chris Kenner said this was going to be the next step in magic. What do you think is it?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Look at this.

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=117

Read all these posts.

Where have we gotten to?

Personally, I think we have lost track of what we once were - and could've been.

Look at us. We sell effects almost every Friday. We have over 20 full on dvd's.

I say 'we', because we are a community. And I for one, think we, as a community, have lost our goal. Thank you Mikk; I was going to.

G

Nov 10, 2007
I think everything should be deleted:
All the threads
All Members
Delete all battle rankings start off with the 1st battle again and get excited about it

That way we are basically starting, we can act as if we don't know anybody and make new friends again.

Hey Mikk,

About a few months ago, you posted something on one of my threads, I can not remember what it was but what I did love, your signiture quotation - "We deceive, lie, cheat, make them feel stupid, but people still love us..."
- Mikk Pärg

This latest thread you have just posted is 100% right. The Worldwide Magic boom is over.

I hate to say it aswell.
I love magic too much for me to say it but their is nothing exciting out anymore. I say there is loads of good material but I feel alot of it is lost and nt respected enough. 2 Years ago, T11 was a phenonemon for magic and the community. Now look where it has taken us? Yes its still the same, but at that time, it is this that changed us, made us excited, and passionate. I now think its time for the next change for it to carry on booming. I would hope that it stays within theory11 but someone, something needs to happen, needs to be released to keep us going, and to let us not get fed up of the same thing.

CHANGE is needed once again.

Nik.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I think everything should be deleted:
All the threads

There are still some good threads that contain valuable information. mind you, i only say some.

All Members

Bad idea. Then you'll only have an empty forum. No one could post.

Delete all battle rankings start off with the 1st battle again and get excited about it.

Could work, if people actually tried to make good battles.

There are some good thoughts here and, as we have also discussed in chats, I completely agree. Is this what theory11 was originally intended for? I hope not.

Also, when i saw the thread I thought it was going to say .... and I'm an alcoholic.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
or..OR..

you could stop thinking so indepth about one site and go work on your own magic and meet up with real people.

Right!?

The REAL magic community meets and talks in person.
Not in forums where the majority are occupied by 15 year olds.
Sometimes good threads are posted but they are by the same people who are already inclined to the rest of the magic community outside the internet.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Right!?

The REAL magic community meets and talks in person.
Not in forums where the majority are occupied by 15 year olds.
Sometimes good threads are posted but they are by the same people who are already inclined to the rest of the magic community outside the internet.

Unfortunately, there aren't always magicians around the area we live at. Still though, it's better to practice/think yourself than get polluted by these forums...

Mikk, you're completely right, it's funny how most of the good members are posting in this, we indeed ARE the last straw... it's sad to see this place go...

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Unfortunately, there aren't always magicians around the area we live at. Still though, it's better to practice/think yourself than get polluted by these forums...

Neither by mine.But I make a huge effort to talk to people anyway.
And I do find them,one way or another. I have spoken to many and attended their meetings and conventions.One just has to look,and really want to look.
And yes,its always to better to get away from these places.
Im grounded enough so I dont get worked up about it.

Neither by mine.But I make a huge effort to talk to people anyway.
And I do find them,one way or another. I have spoken to many and attended their meetings and conventions.One just has to look,and really want to look.
And yes,its always to better to get away from these places.
Im grounded enough so I dont get worked up about it.

Thanks for putting my mind back to my shoulders.
I dont need to worry about a forum, its fallen apart.
A new one will come, the connections i have will be there.

Thanks again, and thank you FOO:L. I now get your post.

Mikk.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Thanks for putting my mind back to my shoulders.
I dont need to worry about a forum, its fallen apart.
A new one will come, the connections i have will be there.

Thanks again, and thank you FOO:L. I now get your post.

Mikk.

But than after Two years that website will crash too. We need to start all over again. Hi my name is nino what's yours?

I have not been on these forums for that long. I am one of the new guys. However, I think I am one of the better new guys. I do not sit around talking about criss angel, and useless sh*t like that.

But I do feel what is being said in these forums. Yes, delete every thread, delete battle rankings. Hell, delete members who do not post on threads. Keep the people who do something for the community.

Dare I mention Privet forums? Memberships by invite only? That may increase the quality of threads on the forums. And possibly the activity of the professionals. Because they will know they are not talking to a bunch of dolts. Hell, maybe Aaron fisher will even come back.

All those ideas may not be good ones, just things off the top of my head. Like Barrack Obama said, we need change. We need an upgrade to Theroy11 2.0. Like a lot of post we can talk about how its gone down hill and change. But will anyone really act? Are the amazing people who started Thorry11 still listening. How do they feel about all this.

This is a movement for revolution. Because of the big Magic boom we obtained a lot of unnecessary baggage. Time to cut the fat, and keep what is worth keeping. This is the manifesto. Lets Clean up these forums, and restore them to what they once were, to what they were meant to be.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
heh. evidently my post stirred up some negative reactions from the thread starter or something?

i didnt mean it to be offensive, it was just a comment on how much emotion and reliance people put into this website. and I was proven right i guess..?

either way, forums are a good way to meet new people, but not a good place to seek interesting conversation about magic because people often overestimate their abilities and overlook everyone else.

Jul 13, 2009
*Grabs a chainsaw and begins to cut things willy nilly.*
ANARCHY!!!!

But seriously, if you cut away all the threads like a chainsaw wielding maniac (Guilty) you will loose actual threads of importance from members who are no longer here such as Goofy, artists?, and others who were here in the beginning contributing before us.

If you had an invite only forum, I would almost completely guarantee that complaints would pile in about the elitism or some other jazz like that. The way I see it is select your friends that contribute the best and go to a place like tiny chat and just brainstorm, you don't even need a webcam.

Mar 12, 2009
I think you are all just being greedy and disrespecting.

You say you want change, something new, something big, something better. Well, how about a giant cheesecake, a castle and one million dollars?! Or a big slap in the face?!
Why so dramatic? What the hell are you crying about?
You have the future in your hands.
Look at all the great products out there.
Look at all the great books on performing and audience management.

How about you let the computer rest for a while, and go out and have some fun. Interact with people. Make them smile. That's what magic is about.

I think this thread is absolutely f**king stupid and pointless.
What is it that you want?!?! What are you not satisfied with?!

If you don't know what you are looking for, how the f*ck are you going to find it?!

How about you complaining little babys did something yourself, instead of always having things served on a silver plate?

The crew behind Theory11 is working hard to bring you new and exciting stuff all the time. And it's all good. The only possible thing that could be bad is the users on the forum.
And I don't see a problem.
Don't like - don't look.

If you think there is a lack of thoughtful and clever threads on the forum. Well, whatever?
Why do you need new threads?
Don't you think there is enough thoughts out there?
Maybe read Strong Magic?
What could you possibly need?!

It's all layed out right in front of you!

If this forum is the most important thing in your life, I suggest... Well, I don't really know what to suggest, cause I think you are completely lost if that is the case..

Please people, say something CONSTRUCTIVE!
Please do answer this simple question: What do you want?

Well said Rasmus. While I was reading all the posts, I was thinking about how T11 doesn't just release dvds every other day so they can make money. They really strive to release something good. I bought one thing from here that I don't use. EVERYTHING else, I use. Deleting everything to start from scratch is pointless to me. Wipe the slate in your head clean. Deleting and burning pics of my ex isn't going to change anything. It just makes me feel better and gives a visual of the end of one thing, as well as a start of something new. It's in yourself. Some topics are pointless. We are all guilty of that somehow. If you want to meet magicians in your area but can't find any, teach someone and start a community there. I don't care if the "magic boom" is over in pop culture. My fire has never dimmed since I was 6 and I learned a french drop. If people quit magic cause the "boom" is over, thats fine. Then there's only the serious ones left. My coach from high school always said "Suck it up!" Look at Dravin's quote, "Get fired up about entertaining, or get fired!" That says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results