Boxed In - Andrew Lee

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
It okay, but too long for that little change.

Great idea. Keep working on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I admire your creativity, but I also agree with the others.

Inferno | Kaiser

Oct 3, 2007
germany
Wow, harsh much? I don't think I understand what you mean by "too much work." Are you referring to method or presentation? If presentation, its no more than your average color change to selected card trick. The only reason it seemed long was because of the text. Think of the actual trick peeps ;)

It's pretty good imo. The change looks nice. The impossibility of having it in the box would probably go over really well for a lay audience.

May 3, 2008
I think the way you handle it causes a bit of suspicion. Try to keep it simpler like they pick a card, put it in the deck, the deck goes in the box, the visible card changes. The actual change looks nice though. I think you should just show the change in the video though.

Also, a torn up bicycle card box will cause suspicion. Try just using a box that came with some Bee's that already has that part.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I think that this can work in the real world if you have the right presentation.

For example, after you do a trick where you color change a card into their card (a normal color change) you can go:

Ok, now that was cool and all but some people get suspicious when i do that changing thing. They suspect that i'm manipulating the cards somehow. Like i'm putting it in my sleeve or something. So i'll show you that one again but this time i will make it really fair. I'll put this random card, along with the rest of the deck inside the box. Now, since the box is covering the cards, i cant touch the cards, therefore i cant manipulate them. So watch this card and concentrate on the card you picked......*change*....and there it is.

So you can make a color change look really clean with this change. That's just an idea, feel free to use it.

Jul 26, 2009
Canada
Thanks for the input, I will change it, that's why I put it up, I wanted opinions. I agree it's a little long, it was more of a concept video. When I make a real trailer, it will be much shorter, and less boring.

Jun 1, 2009
I agree on the text being to long, it seemed to take away from the effect a bit because we always had a break to read. The effect itself is very nice, as magicshadow said, with the right presentation this is a real worker for you. Love the creativity, keep it up.

Your boy,
Fez

Make a shorter video, the trick is good and not long like others are saying. My two biggest gripes are the lack of effort put into your presentation of the effect. The color change had no build up, no anticipation, just you quickly waving your hand and that was it.

If it were me I wouldn't use text if possible and really put forth effort on the change and then write down the text "Free choice, can be signed", "Everything examinable", stuff like that is much better and doesn't take away from the effect.

Good luck

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results