i was listening to andrei's round table

i was wondering if he uploading the stage performance

link please if he uploaded it

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
The video does in fact exist, I seen it! Whether Andrei chooses to upload is his call; the video is grainy and dark (shot with a consumer cam in a dark theater), but most impressive is the fact that he did a 5 minute cardistry routine perfectly timed to the music, without stopping - all the while dropping (I believe) a total of ONE card the whole time. And with some of his most advanced moves on display in front of an audience of over 1,000. Very impressive.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
The video does in fact exist, I seen it! Whether Andrei chooses to upload is his call; the video is grainy and dark (shot with a consumer cam in a dark theater), but most impressive is the fact that he did a 5 minute cardistry routine perfectly timed to the music, without stopping - all the while dropping (I believe) a total of ONE card the whole time. And with some of his most advanced moves on display in front of an audience of over 1,000. Very impressive.

With a description like that, I don't care if it's a grainy video! That sounds like a significant, and an arguably historical moment for Andrei as well as Cardistry.

Please upload it Andrei. :) Even if you drop more than one card, I personally promise to kinda of try to not make fun of you for it. Sort of. Maybe. We'll see. :p

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
I definitely haven't forgot about the video! Cirque has sent me a hard copy on DVD, I'll be uploading it when I begin the monthly podcasts here (in part with the Cardistry Initiative), when we get to the "Cardistry in the real world" topic. The video itself IS very grainy and it may be difficult to see.

Oh and I did NOT drop a card! I promise! You'll see this feat of impossibility as I ALMOST drop one! Close call...grr...

Actually the routine was VERY simple, I wasn't about to do anything overly difficult in front of a crowd of nearly a thousand (including Cirque Du Soleil's chief executive officers, creative directors, and...........Criss Angel) :eek:

I definitely can't wait to show it since it was a FAIRLY monumental event for Cardistry... just a little bit.

-Andrei Jikh

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Sounds great Andrei! :)

@ Lance - Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a video of cardistry being performed in front of an audience in a professional manner. I'm really curious to see what the atmosphere was like, and if it is something that could flourish in the future of state performances. Pun intended.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results