Cups and Ball Idea

Mar 2, 2008
I don't perform this trick but i do know some moves in it. Anyways I was thinking... has anyone ever thought about loading a cup into a cup?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Well i guess you could do that. But the cups and balls sets are designed so that each cup can only fit inside another only half way. But you could maybe load a smaller cup under it, and then an even smaller cup under that, and with more cups under it that get progressively smaller.

Mar 2, 2008
Yes somthing like that. So as the final loads instead of just saying "i use more then three balls" (then the bigger or differnt balls come out) you can then say "I also use more then three cups." and have stacks of cups loaded so you can produce around nine cups? (three extra for the orginal three out there).

Jul 23, 2008
Placerville Ca.
I've seen that on a dvd I have. it was called "Cups and balls and cups and balls" I can't remember who did it, I tried to find the DVD but my cupboard is messy:)

I believe it was David Regal who performed Cups and Balls and Cups and Balls. I remember reading that routine in one of his books. He had a charming presentation where he reminisces about his first magic kit and how it came with a set of brightly colored plastic cups. He talks about how he progressed in magic and soon moved to using more professional props and he goes about his routine with his brass set of cups and balls. For the surprise ending, he produces the brightly colored plastic cups from underneath each brass cup, complete with matching balls. Not half bad.

My favorite ending for Cups and Balls was making each cup completely solid in the end... as in they had no mouths to fit balls underneath anymore. I always thought it was a great, puzzling and original ending.

RS.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
My favorite ending is always the penny load. Its where at the end of a routine, the magician lifts one of the cups and a hundred pennies fall out. I think it's really baffling cuz it seems impossible to load that without making any noise which makes it that much more magical.

That, or live chick productions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results