Sight:Digital - Dee Christopher

Feb 10, 2009
Portsmouth, England
Hey everyone,
I just want to say first of all that I don’t usually post on forums about products I have brought and like but I had to with this as its amazing.

The Effect:
A card is pulled from your wallet. It lists the top 10 greatest horror films of all time.

The magician hands this to the spectator and offers an experiment in remote viewing. The magician will try and see through the spectator's eyes...

The spectator focuses their vision on one of the titles... The magician straight away begins to see what they see, recognizing the scenes from the film the spectator does and reveals slowly and methodologically the title they are staring at with incredible accuracy.

My thoughts:
You can present this in so many ways and put your own style to it very easily. If you don’t have a remote viewing effect yet then 100% buy this. With Halloween around the corner this is something that will get you noticed. The words "Reputation Maker" are thrown around way too often these days with new products but in my eyes at least this is commercial magic which hits harder than ANYTHING I have brought this year (yes including identity).

If you have any questions I am more than happy to help however I am very busy this weekend so I will reply when I can.

Buy from: http://www.mindlapse.net - ONLY £13

Tom Beattie

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 23, 2007
NC
I remember hearing something about this. With the top 10 horror list thing.

I think I would reserve the remote viewing presentation for something they wrote or drew as it seems a little odd or not fitting here. Not that I dont think Dee's twisted mind didnt work it into this flawlessly.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
YOYO!

Tom, I'm glad you're into the effect :)

Flyspazz, re the remote viewing point, I agree, sometimes it can be much stronger when it's something personal to them, not just something off a list.

However, I've routined this in such a way that the prop seems perfectly natural to have on you (as weird as that may sound!) and it gives much more than a simple word reveal.

The full effect allows you to tell if they've seen the film they have in mind, you can tell them if they're eyes wandered from their selected word even for a split second (you are of course seeing thru their eyes!) you can also even tell them details about when they watched the film.

There are a LOT of hidden subtleties I've worked into the routine that make it truly incredible to experience, it's the most powerful thing living in my wallet, and that's not just because I'm on a magician's wage!

I performed this to 'the cullfather' himself, Ian Morain, at a party last year, I hit on everything perfectly and 100% and annihilated the entire room! I really wish he was on these forums to explain!

Anyway, enough ramblings! Enjoy the effect guys!

Best,

DC

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Flyspazz, re the remote viewing point, I agree, sometimes it can be much stronger when it's something personal to them, not just something off a list.

However, I've routined this in such a way that the prop seems perfectly natural to have on you (as weird as that may sound!) and it gives much more than a simple word reveal.
DC
I wasn’t doubting you Dee. It just didn’t sound right, but then again I don’t have it..yet.
I'm already thinking about describing little subtleties in some different scenes from the film to make it all come together before the reveal of the title. Seems like many possibilities with this.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
The only downside is that you will have to perform the effect in full, you can't just say look at a film, it's friday the 13th.

This is the perfect effect for a walk around mind reader or a magician looking to get into mentalism as it'll force you to do at least one full routine to it's fullest! :)

It'll take a small amount of memory, but not a lot, you can eliminate this by using a cheat sheet if necessary, so that's about it.

I also must mention that this effect can be performed over MSN or similar and you could even print the artwork supplied as large posters for use on stage, I've supplied ultra hi res imagery!!

Best,

DC

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I wasn’t doubting you Dee. It just didn’t sound right, but then again I don’t have it..yet.
I'm already thinking about describing little subtleties in some different scenes from the film to make it all come together before the reveal of the title. Seems like many possibilities with this.

Haha, I know man, but it was a good excuse to throw in some new thoughts on the thread! :)

You'll love it man!

Best,

DC

Jun 4, 2009
Just picked this up. I am very picky when it comes to which mentalism effects I perform because I like to be able to do things at the drop of a hat and blow people away with a very "real" and "believable" piece. I haven't performed it yet but after a read through I can tell you that this is nothing short of BRILLIANT. This will be with me everywhere and with the correct presentation I'm positive that this will be jaw dropping to your spectators.

Love the method behind it BTW.

If you haven't already, PICK THIS UP NOW!!!

You wont be disappointed!

Feb 10, 2009
Portsmouth, England
I agree Jordan101.

The reactions I have got so far from this aren't crazy screams more wonder and a few people have said they believe in remote viewing and have shaken my hand for being able to obtain the ability to do so.

The method is so incredible and the effect is so impossible in the spectators eyes they will not work it out which means they lean more towards belief.

You can present this so that it gets a huge screaming reaction but if you were "remote viewing" you would be telling people what they are looking at (which is exactly what you do) inviting more wonder than screams.

Jan 16, 2008
What if people haven't watched some of the movies?
Can we apply the same principle to make another movie list of our own?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well... Without giving anything away... Technically, yes. It's an old idea that's very cleverly applied, so yes, theoretically, you could, but be prepared to do a not insignificant bit of work to apply the idea.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results