The next step - What's left for us?

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
So if you ask a layman they think criss angel is basically Jesus I'm wondering what's the next step after criss angel as far as televised magic because the way magic has gone over the years was Doug henning who brought stage to tv David copperfield modernized it David Blaine revolutionized it again by taking close up to the street and criss angel took stage illusions to the street. So where's tv magic going.

Question number two: how do we take are own magic to the next step. DB, CA and DC have all modernized magic now do we follow their example? And how.

edit: all thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next international star of magic will come from the internet. Mark my words.

The next star will litterly bring magic into the households of millions across the globe, and possibly unite us further by performing on the global market through the cleaver use of a modem, computer, and camera.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
The next international star of magic will come from the internet. Mark my words.

The next star will litterly bring magic into the households of millions across the globe, and possibly unite us further by performing on the global market through the cleaver use of a modem, computer, and camera.

His name is Cyril.

Mar 30, 2008
Wow. Toughie. I think we kind of already have someone. MadV. He did a good amount as a Youtube persona. If he were to go public, I would find myself very happy.

Either him, or we ditch Criss Angel in the dust, IMO.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Derren Brown took mentalism to the street (and many other places). He's possibly also gone a step further, now, by taking stage mentalism into the viewers living rooms.

What's next after that? Work that out, and you might be the next big star. >_>

Joe

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada

Kinda like marco tempest

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

Lamont Mcgee?:eek:

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I was going to say MadV, but I'm too late. :D

I agree, an internet revolution will come. If someone like Daniel Madison were to create a show marketed to the general public, that would work too. Just a cool, marketable character, who posts their videos on YouTube or something like that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results