WARNING - Kostya

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Sorry if a review has been posted on this already but I am going to give my own anyway...ha ha. I think I was one of the first to purchase this straight from Kostya so he gave me a special code that doubles my next order for the same price. Awesome. I will definitely be placing that order soon.

WARNING is the best effect that I have added to my strolling gigs in the past two years. I used it multiple times at the wedding gig I attended this past weekend and the reactions were insane. People screamed, ran away, cheered....it was super.

What the Spectator Witnesses: Spectators witness you display a warning label on the side of a lighter. You then slowly peel if off and show both sides of the lighter to be blank now. Light it on fire, do whatever flourishy moves you would like, and BAM...its right back on the lighter, unharmed.

For your money, I think it was like $23.00 total, you get 50 gimmicks. The only other thing you need you probably have or can buy for $2-3. You also get access to his website videos which show performances, tips and hints on how to handle this effect. He didn't have to do this and it was great.

The set up is done prior obviously and can be done within seconds. I had 5 lighters preset and loaded on me in different pockets.

Difficulty: 1-10 this is probably a 2 if you can perform a nice paddle move. Which is fabulous because everything else is presentation.

Angles are very good but you cannot have someone looking over your shoulder or standing right beside you for obvious reasons.

If anyone has any specific questions I'll do my best to answer. Most of you know how this works. It may look like a simple effect that wouldn't fool anyone but people love it. It hits hard. I performed it at our IBM meeting last week and even though everyone there knew how it worked....5 guys said they were going to order it that night.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
(bump)
Man...some of you guys seriously need to check this out. I'm getting insane reactions with it. Only one person has even mentioned anything.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
(bump)
Man...some of you guys seriously need to check this out. I'm getting insane reactions with it. Only one person has even mentioned anything.

Reverhart:

I have no prior experience with flash paper! Will I burn myself when practicing this? (How easy is it to burn yourself/how careful do you have to be?) Or will I waste away gimmicks by practicing? Any responses to these questions? Also, it's about 40 cents per performance, a little costly, but is it worth it?

Thanks,

-Sanj

BTW: I also saw Kostya do this live, and it's insane! I am about to make $45 for reffing a soccer game, so I think I may spend it on !Warning, hopefully... ;)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
If you have experience with flash paper you will be fine. If you have zero experience with flash paper I'd buy one of the tiny pads of flash paper for like 4 bucks off ebay or your local magic shop and use those to get your timing down....otherwise yes you will be wasting about 5-10 of your gimmicks.

I believe flash paper is pretty safe. I've held onto it a few times too long but it didn't even hurt much for some reason. Oh well.

Again as I mentioned before, you also gain access to his website which provides short videos on tips, performances, moves, etc. Well worth it.

It does take practice to get your timing down, and make sure your paddle move looks good. Then...you are ready to go at it.

Jun 22, 2009
If you have experience with flash paper you will be fine. If you have zero experience with flash paper I'd buy one of the tiny pads of flash paper for like 4 bucks off ebay or your local magic shop and use those to get your timing down....otherwise yes you will be wasting about 5-10 of your gimmicks.

I believe flash paper is pretty safe. I've held onto it a few times too long but it didn't even hurt much for some reason. Oh well.

Again as I mentioned before, you also gain access to his website which provides short videos on tips, performances, moves, etc. Well worth it.

It does take practice to get your timing down, and make sure your paddle move looks good. Then...you are ready to go at it.

I have it too I just haven't had time on here to actually comment about it. It is a extremely strong effect and is my favorite trick to perform.

And the reactions are great as well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results