Push-Through Shuffle practice

Oct 1, 2009
Florida
I've been working to smooth up my push-through shuffle, and I've noticed a lot of resistance from the air-cushioned bikes I'm using. I can't tell if I'm just doing it poorly or if the finish is actually harder to slide cards with. Anyone have any advice?

Mar 17, 2009
I had a very similar problem to this whilst learning this move. Its a simple fix. When you're riffling the cards together, make sure the riffle is done VERY loosely, by this i mean do it very gently and get some air between the cards. Dont grip the cards really tight and riffle them together really tight.It can even be really sloppy if necessary. With some air between the cards there will be very little resistance. Its difficult to explain, but if you watch Jason Englands 1 to 1 and the way he riffles the cards together, you'll see what i mean!

Hope this helps, and good luck

Tommy

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
another tip is to riffle in clumps, not necessarily a perfect interlace. this will reduce the friction as there are less cards sliding past one another.

Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Thank you both for the excellent advice. I have been toying with different angles of riffle, as well as different amounts of interlace. Your quick comments have made a lot of difference in my success rate, and the Bicycles are performing admirably. I've been contemplating getting a Deck Shell recently, but didn't want to buy one if I was going to switch card brands anytime soon. I think the Bikes will work fine, it's me that's broken!

Nothing a few dozen hours of practice can't cure!

Thanks again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results