Talent Show

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Keoke,
You are correct. If he has never done tossed out or fiber optics it might be a bit much to get everything perfect.

I do like the miser's dream idea somehow tied into a stealing from a bank theme.

Siren's and lights flashing in the back drop as you exit....AWESOME idea.

"Bad Boys Bad Boys...Whatcha gonna do when they come for you...Bad Boys..."
Ha Ha.

Add in a little history, maybe some mythology about John Dillinger or any other American bank robbers from the 1800s to early 1930's and I think it would sell quite well.

.... Speaking of stealing (coins, banks, etc) Consider this idea stolen.

Yoinks and Away!

Sep 3, 2007
The rope routine is a good idea. Plays very well for a big audience. Try to involve some audience participation. If you don't like the Fiber Optics routine, check out Expert Rope Magic Made Easy Volume 3 by Daryl.

Fiber Optics
Tossed out Deck
Smart Ass
Zombie Ball
The Ultimate Cane

All of these play well, the only one I have not personally used is the Tossed Out Deck which I have always heard good things of.

The above listed does not flow very well, however you could actually do an entire show out of just the Tossed out Deck, fiber optics, or Smart Ass.

Best of Luck

Jul 13, 2009
Add in a little history, maybe some mythology about John Dillinger or any other American bank robbers from the 1800s to early 1930's and I think it would sell quite well.

.... Speaking of stealing (coins, banks, etc) Consider this idea stolen.

Yoinks and Away!

NOOOOOSS!!!! An entire thirty seconds gone.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I actually have to disagree with Fiber Optics.

Dont get me wrong, Fiber Optics is a great routine. But it's routine that needs REALLY GOOD presentation for it to be entertaining. This is cuz most of the routine is just narration. While it may be visual, it's not very memorable. And that's not really a talent show winning trick.

In my Fiber Optics routine, i've developed a full scale poem where everything i say rhymes. Now it's still narrating my actions but the rhyming makes everything more memorable.

So if you can create a unique presentation for Fiber Optics, then by all means go with that. If not, I suggest you go with some of the other tricks suggested. I second the Tossed Out Deck. You can also do an invisible deck routine. Maybe Las Vegas Leaper?

Watch some videos of Mac King, all of his tricks are close up tricks done on stage.

Mar 2, 2008
Im doing a straight jacket for mine this year. Then there is anther one in the spring and I am thinking mailbag. I'm not much of a stage magicain but escapes can be used on stage.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results