Magic-Con 2010 - Who's Coming?

Hey Guys,

So registration was just released for the first Magic-Con event,

http://magic-con.org/registration/

Who is coming?

Im making the trip along with Dee Christopher all the way from South Australia and I hope to meet as many of you all as possible.

When you register, what Interactive Experience did you chose? I decided upon Chris Kenners 'The magic of film' though it was very close to being a coin-toss decision. It ended up coming down to the fact that Chris is such a terrific guy, and everything he puts his name to is brilliant and I dont think im brilliant enough to create and sell my own effect so the other Experience probably wouldnt suit me as well.

Anyway,
Hopefully see you all there!

Cheers,
Matt

Sep 11, 2007
I'm going. Just bought my registration. However, I may need to split a room with someone if they are interested. PM me.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
As a matter of principle, I never attend the first annual anything.
-George Carlin

Actually I'm poor and won't be able to travel to the other side of the nation for one weekend.

Hope everyone has fun!

Sep 1, 2007
I'll be there, I live in San Diego :D!

I'm excited to see people there, I never meet any other magicians where I live.

~Beans

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
So excited about this - and hope to see as many of you guys there as possible. We do realize the travel and hotel expense is far from free, which was part of the reason why we priced the conference itself as low as we could. Registration is now open at Magic-Con.org, and initial response surpassed our expectations. This is going to be a GREAT weekend.

Any questions, feel free to ask away - but note that we will not be revealing the guest of honor until closer to the time of the conference. It's well worth the wait...

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I should definitely be there. Such an amazing line up. The knowledge being offered at this conference is truly invaluable.

Hope to see you guys there!

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I'm going, and bringing my magician friend along with me. Super stoked. The conference looks amazing, and the hotel and area are beautiful.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I thought I would give a heads up for anyone who really wants to go, but can't afford that hotel: There is a European style hotel about five min walk away with VERY good rates. It's a nice hotel with rooms as low as $39 (single bed, no TV, shared bathroom). It may make the difference between going or not for some of you.

http://hotels.san-diego.us/682_hotel...=1&numAdults=1

Justin

your an angel for sharing that info.

Sep 1, 2007
I can't seem to find all the details, what time it starts, do we need to get a hotel room? Should I room for the experience of rooming with a ton of magicians? how late does it go? what are our food options?

I'm making the trip from Down Under to attend. As much as I respect Chris Kenner and near-worship him for his creative genius, I couldn't turn down a workshop named after a Darwin Ortiz book.

There's a thread over at DnD for people who are looking for a room-mate to help bring accommodation costs down. I've stayed at quite a few of the luxury Hilton's - and judging by the virtual tour of the Bayfront, it looks to be one of the most opulent. For those who haven't yet booked - the price is now $299, however considering the line-up, it's still well worth it. If you book through the Magic-Con website rooms at the Hilton are only $149.

Hope to see you all there!

JS.

I'm making the trip from Down Under to attend. As much as I respect Chris Kenner and near-worship him for his creative genius, I couldn't turn down a workshop named after a Darwin Ortiz book.

There's a thread over at DnD for people who are looking for a room-mate to help bring accommodation costs down. I've stayed at quite a few of the luxury Hilton's - and judging by the virtual tour of the Bayfront, it looks to be one of the most opulent. For those who haven't yet booked - the price is now $299, however considering the line-up, it's still well worth it. If you book through the Magic-Con website rooms at the Hilton are only $149.

Hope to see you all there!

JS.
Two aussies at one US Convention?

Hopefully they can cope :p

Two aussies at one US Convention?

There's apparently a couple of us going - I'm surprised, not only at how passionate Australian magicians are that they'll journey all the way to the states to attend a conference, but that there's actually more Australian magicians around then I thought. For a country with a grand total of, what, 4 magic shops and a totally dormant magic society - we're not doing too bad.

As for the coping... I doubt it. I can already see the halls strewn with half-eaten TimTams, empty FourandTwenty packets and pluggers broken from the night before. Can't wait.

First VB's on me.

JS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results