Finally Landed First Restaurant Gig

Nov 10, 2007
After months of studying and getting advice from some of the best workers at Restaurant magic such as Dan Tong and Tony Dunn, I landed my 1st restaurant gig.
This is kind of like an annoucement thing no questions or anything but I am very proud of myself.
What things have you accomplished that you were proud?
Any question about my gig go ahead and ask.YAYYY.

Sep 1, 2007
After months of studying and getting advice from some of the best workers at Restaurant magic such as Dan Tong and Tony Dunn, I landed my 1st restaurant gig.
This is kind of like an annoucement thing no questions or anything but I am very proud of myself.
What things have you accomplished that you were proud?
Any question about my gig go ahead and ask.YAYYY.

how old are you? How long have you been doing magic?

~Beans

Nov 10, 2007
I am 17 and have been doing magic about 6 years and seriously about 2 years, seriously meaning at least 3 hours a day on week days and 6 hours a day on weekends.

Nov 10, 2007
what are the tricks you perform? any problem you encounter during performance? and also how much you charge?

We agreed to 70$ an hour, I am going to be performing quick effects that all have kickers. What do you mean by problem I encounter?

I do hard-hitting card magic that spectators love but I also love to try to fool magicians as well.

that had nothing to do with anything.....so yea....i think i died a little

It's not as black and white as "Do X card trick."

But for someone who's adventuring out into the working world of magicians it's solid advice.

Sorry Ramo, not everything I will say is clear cut and to the point. I do get my zen moments from time to time.

For having just joined the Magic Castle you'd do well to learn the lessons behind that advice as well.

Nov 10, 2007
Just got back from my 1st restaurant gig and man did it go well. In the begginning I got a few rejections but then as time went on everyone wanted to see some stuff. Not only that but everyone I showed tricks to were telling the waitresses and waiters how good I was so I think this will help a lot in showing management that this will improve business.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Just got back from my 1st restaurant gig and man did it go well. In the begginning I got a few rejections but then as time went on everyone wanted to see some stuff. Not only that but everyone I showed tricks to were telling the waitresses and waiters how good I was so I think this will help a lot in showing management that this will improve business.

That's awesome.

I hear good things from Close UP, The Real Secrets of Magic by David Stone.
(30 dollar book, not a bad price) that helps with what tables to choose, how to get into magic and how to get out of it. Probably my next purchase magic-wise, as I have enough 'magic' as it is, I need more theory on my shelves.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results