Manipulation Deck

Oct 22, 2009
Has anyone tried out the manipulation deck that's for sale on this site? $7.50 seems like a good price, and I can't seem to find them at our local magic shop. I'm just getting into Backpalming, and I wasn't sure if they were much better, or if I should stick w/ McBride's way of "working the cards".

Glad to be in this forum, sorry for the rough entry. I won't take it personal for those who flame me...I flamed that guy on TV that exposed all of the magic at first too, until he explained why he was doing it, now I enjoy the show. :)

Jeremy

Oct 11, 2007
I think that you should buy a deck and see what you like better. I prefer the manipulation deck mostly because of the flesh colored backs; the red Bees just don't cut it for me. Also get some fanning powder from another online store when you buy the manipulation deck, don't worry it's not that expensive. It'll make life a whole lot easier. Hope that helps!

-emagician

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
I bought them and the three down loads from Dan Sperry. That is what got me in to magic in the first place. Those cards are better then the old way of doing it. I use to roll my cards from corner to corner with a pencil. That would soften them up enough to work with. That is if your not tired after doing all 52 cards.

I say buy away...it will help with going from palm to back palm showing a empty hand...or is it?

Jul 13, 2009
I do not use manipulation cards, I suggest (Resists saying razors) others use regular playing cards (bee red backs are the best) that are well broken in. I believe I learned how to break in my deck from Jeff Mcbride's dvds on the subject. Also if your hands are small (fingers) use bridge sized playing cards.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I find it easier to backpalm alot more cards with these than other cards. (they are thinner than most cards) and they are flesh colored so its a plus. But really, its whatever. Just break in the cards and itll do. For practicing you might want these.

Oct 26, 2009
Yeah, I ended up picking up the manipulator's deck and they are nice. Granted, they are very very very thin, but they could be cool to play around with.

I've also tried McBride's method of breaking in a deck, and it worked well. I think that Bees are just better at bending than Bicycle, but even when I bring out a Bee Deck, people are like, "are those cheating cards?" So, I just use bicycle ones for now.

Thanks for all of your feedback.

Jul 13, 2009
Why would your audience care about the bee back design? The point of it is, it looks more flesh tone.
If you are back palming cards so the faces of the cards, face the back of your hand then your doing it wrong. it would look kind of strange when you produce flabs of flesh, I mean your not me.

When I bust out a pack of bees no one questions, because there is no reason to. You do not see crimson decks, guardians or other specialty decks being used regularly. I keep them for myself because I am just that selfish. If you are having problems with that, I believe you Jeremy is just a bad magician.

Jul 13, 2009
Apparently not at least for me, I thought you missed a link or something, I never made the connection that these=manipulation cards. But it makes sense now, thanks for the clarification.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results