RIP Harry Houdini

May 18, 2008
R.I.P. Harry Houdini!

Man, great idea posting this. We should all pay our respects every halloween for the man who redefined the magic of his time!

Jun 26, 2009
R.I.P. Harry Houdini!

Man, great idea posting this. We should all pay our respects every halloween for the man who redefined the magic of his time!

RIP Houdini.

i agree with popchris3, we should pay our respects to famous magicians that have died.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 30, 2007
He truly was an amazing magician, may he rest in peace.

P.S. I don't want to turn it into a debate either, but I find it disgusting that they are holding a seance to try and communicate with Houdini, the man that spent practically his whole life fighting seances and spiritualists.

He truly was an amazing magician, may he rest in peace.

P.S. I don't want to turn it into a debate either, but I find it disgusting that they are holding a seance to try and communicate with Houdini, the man that spent practically his whole life fighting seances and spiritualists.

Well it's a well known fact that Houdini was so interested with death that he set up a secret code word with his wife. So that once he's died he'd try to escape the confinds of death itself, and prove that he did it by revealing the code word to his wife in a seaonce. She held one every year on the eve of his death (for 10 years) but was never able to contact and confirm that it was him.

She eventually gave up.

He was an amazing man, who lead an amazing life.

Well it's a well known fact that Houdini was so interested with death that he set up a secret code word with his wife. So that once he's died he'd try to escape the confinds of death itself, and prove that he did it by revealing the code word to his wife in a seaonce. She held one every year on the eve of his death (for 10 years) but was never able to contact and confirm that it was him.

She eventually gave up.

He was an amazing man, who lead an amazing life.

Exactly. If you want more information on why they are doing this, you can read this article. It's not disgusting in the least because, as Will explained, Harry asked his wife to do the same thing. And as I said before, it's all in good fun.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Although Houdini died, he truly gained immortality. In years to come, he will still be remembered as the greatest escape artist ever. In that sense, he did cheat death.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results