theory11 - SMOKE & MIRRORS : Luxury Edition Released

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
After over 6 months of delicate revisions, theory11 is proud to unveil the third edition of Dan and Dave's Smoke & Mirrors playing cards.

The Luxury Edition is a case study in attention to detail. The feel and finish is flawless - and all of the artwork was illustrated by hand in pen and ink by renowned artist Si Scott. Check out the v3 design in the product gallery.

The result is a true luxury deck. The First and Second Editions sold out VERY quickly - so be sure to grab a deck (or two) while they're still available...

: : SMOKE & MIRRORS - Luxury Edition

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Glad these are out, and should i say, my thread post was definately stirring up the hype on these. hehe. im gonna grab me a deck of smokes. I might get the Mirrors, but I'm a little disappointed with the borders for the Mirrors.

It's my opinion, and please no hate for it, but I'm a little bit tired of the black borders. Not because it's a black deck, but the white borders make it look more elegant and classy in my opinion. Maybe I will grow to like the borders more, but for right now, Smokes seem to satisfy me perfectly. :)

Thanks Dan and Dave!

Guys,
Once again you've come up with great cards. And a video and gallery that promote some fancy fans and flourishes. Not once in the video do you stop long enough to really get a good look at what your trying to sell. Quit showing off and pay attention to the product. Your gallery isn't much different. Fancy fan work with kind of a picture of the Joker. Then a nice close up of the Queen? How about the other way around? You talk about the wonderful hand drawn artwork how about really showing it off? Look forward to see the cards up close, didn't see it in the photos!

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Guys,
Once again you've come up with great cards. And a video and gallery that promote some fancy fans and flourishes. Not once in the video do you stop long enough to really get a good look at what your trying to sell. Quit showing off and pay attention to the product. Your gallery isn't much different. Fancy fan work with kind of a picture of the Joker. Then a nice close up of the Queen? How about the other way around? You talk about the wonderful hand drawn artwork how about really showing it off? Look forward to see the cards up close, didn't see it in the photos!
Not sure exactly what size screen and/or resolution you're currently sitting in front of, but note the second image in the gallery on the product page: http://www.theory11.com/playingcards/smokeandmirrors.php

If that's not a clear shot of the back design, I don't know what is. Further, the Ace of Spades, Joker, and court cards are all shown in subsequent images. For your viewing pleasure, however, I've attached a few higher res images.

Attachments

• sm01.jpg
    sm01.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 84
  • sm02.jpg
    sm02.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 97
  • sm03.jpg
    sm03.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 82
  • sm04.jpg
    sm04.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 112
  • sm05.jpg
    sm05.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 92
Jun 14, 2009
my house
While I am incredibly eager to get my hands on these beauties, I do have one complaint. This will be the first time I have gotten and handled both the smoke and the mirror cards and I am rather disappointed in the change in design of the mirror deck. Black borders and white face? Really? They look beautiful, but think of the functionality issues with that. THat means that if one or multiple cards are turned upside down in the deck, it's like you're waving an emergency flare to you spectator saying "I'M DOING SOMETHING SHADY!" I am not a fan of the choice with the border color. Just a thought. Still psyched as hell to get them though.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
A few additional images...
_

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture 1.jpg