Cool card change in a movie...

Jun 27, 2008
Has anyone seen the card trick Cliff Curtis performs in a hotel to a Japanese woman, in the movie PUSH(2009)?
Anybody knows how to do it?

Oct 19, 2009
Kuwait
Yea! I saw that! Your talking about the color change right?

The one done in a rotation? I talked about this in some other forum too.

Oct 13, 2008
Yea! I saw that! Your talking about the color change right?

The one done in a rotation? I talked about this in some other forum too.

I'd like to know what forum it was :p Plz link me ;)

That was never meant to be a color change; you must note that Hook Waters (Curtis' character) was meant to be a mutant with the power of illusion, so he could change the appearance of the playing card instantly. And the illusions are, shall we say, persistent; even if he is not actively concentrating on the object, it will remain that way for a certain time, depending on the experience of the mutant.

Jun 27, 2008
oh... ummm its not really something you can learn. Its a very controversial move that D+M put out that may or may not be real... most people lean towards not.

He claims no gimmick, pure sleight of hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBusD5bwLK0

Errrrr...Its different than the D+M move..isnt it? have u seen the movie? Curtis does it with a rotation..much like that spin change....but different handling....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 22, 2009
Errrrr...Its different than the D+M move..isnt it? have u seen the movie? Curtis does it with a rotation..much like that spin change....but different handling....

It is. Its just the idea of a card changing so cleanly reminds me of the Change from D+M. Basically Im saying its not real.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Wrong

the card actually didn't change at all, a very powerful "PUSHER" simply convinced your mind that you were seeing the card change, in reality nothing happened.

pshh.. CGI thats just stupid, you really need to pay closer attention

Dang man sorry about that. That man had me trippin'.
He couldve made me commit suicide like that girl at the end.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results