Art of Magic Problem

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
Just curious if anyone else is having this same problem. For the ring on string effect, I am having problems when I rip the string through the coin envelope. The paper is really tough and when it bunches up it tends to rip in half before the string can complete its travel through to the ring. I am experimenting with just folding the paper back and forth so that it becomes weaker; does anyone have any tips or tricks regarding this issue? I spent $18 on a case of coin envelopes so I don't really want to find out that I bought paper that is too tough.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I don't have AoM however something that you may find helpful is that paper has a grain much like wood. If you tear with the grain it should be a lot easier than by going against it.

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
I don't have AoM however something that you may find helpful is that paper has a grain much like wood. If you tear with the grain it should be a lot easier than by going against it.

Actually I think I realized what I was doing. I wasn't pulling sharply enough. When I did the string broke so I need stronger string as well.

Apr 1, 2009
California
I tend to have that same problem. Though my problems rests more in the string breaking before it reaches the ring.

Any idea what the best string to use is? In my opinion A shoestring doesn't really fit the look of the effect with how I want to present it.

May 27, 2009
Hope this helps

I had a problem because the envelope I used was too... thin and it did not work well but if you use a more resisstant one it will work well
just try with many different material and you will see what works better

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results