Books

Nov 5, 2009
New York
Now I realize that books really aren't the biggest thing nowadays. We have TV, video games, and the internet. However, it would be nice if you guys could help me find a book.

I've been doing card tricks for about a year now and I would like to read up on it. The problem is that when I look for books on google or amazon, they all turn out to be children's books. Can you guys send me some links to book that have anything to do with the history of magic, or card tricks.

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2008
Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher is a fantastic book.

Card Control by Arthur Buckley is another one and we all can't forget Royal Road to Card Magic.

Sep 1, 2007
For years, I have been imploring magicians to get the complete
Tarbell Course in Magic. Harlan Tarbell teaches in this course how to become a real magician. As he says right in the beginning of Volume One, “One can give medicine to a friend, but that does not make him a doctor.” Tarbell trains people to be real magicians knowing the mechanics and fundamentals of magic.

Far too many young performers think that mastering magic is learning just sleights and words. Studying Tarbell teaches you what it is really all about. When you understand the total concept of what it means to be a magician, you will act and perform accordingly. When you do, your audience will recognize you as a skilled performer and give you the attention and respect necessary to work your miracles.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results