Do Magic Tricks Work in Picking Up Girls?

Dec 7, 2008
UK, Birmingham
Confidence come from someone telling themselfs they are good, great, amazing. u dont need to be good at something just belief. just like yo have ppl who think they are great at something and they are not. my confidence im magic come from me telling myself i will do great and that nothing can go wrong. thats what i believe and that what happens so i have 'proof' to back it up. no matter how good u are u can fail or do it wrong and with an attitude change that fact can take away ur confidence.

Belief.

i dont see the point of this covo. i have a had ppl who dont like me because they dont like magic. i have had a girl say to me when i asked her to tell me a bit about herself for an effect "well... i like guys who do really good magic..."
u can use lots of thing to pick up girls. we are artist.

man its like if someone asked on a music site "ive just started playing guitar, how good do i have to be to start picking up girl?"

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
If you have to rely on ,or think you have to, magic tricks to speak to women then you shouldnt talk to them in the first place.
Women prefer confidence in someone they meet.
It doesnt matter how cool your tricks are,you as a person have to impress them. Not your card tricks.

I agree with you.
Speaking from a woman's point of view, it is a fact that the vast majority of women prefer men with confidence to come up to speak to them like normal people. Sure, like i said before, a trick or two later may be fine if it comes up in conversation that you're a magician. But make them cute ones if you do. Short and sweet..if you want to keep her attention.

That's just my advice as a woman to you guys. :]

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Do Magic Tricks work in picking up girls?

Yes

Do they work in keeping a girl.

No

Everyone knows the sword doesn't make the man. I find all these PUMA's (Pick up magic artists) very narrow minded. Learn a few tricks for to show every now and then, go for it! Having magic as your main and only tool, and that is just pathetic. No more Mystery wannabes please.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I agree with you.
Speaking from a woman's point of view, it is a fact that the vast majority of women prefer men with confidence to come up to speak to them like normal people. Sure, like i said before, a trick or two later may be fine if it comes up in conversation that you're a magician. But make them cute ones if you do. Short and sweet..if you want to keep her attention.

That's just my advice as a woman to you guys. :]

I love fritts.

May 9, 2008
If you're being yourself and magic comes up as your hobby or passion and you're asked or offer to see a trick and perform the trick, this is fine. It's showing part of your personality.

If you're using magic strictly as a tool, then you've failed.

Nov 7, 2009
When I perform magic I impress people 95% of the time. It always impresses girls though. I perform magic everyday but never strictly to pick up a girl. Im sure I could do it but I perfer to pick up people by being myself, talking to them and hanging out with them... I show them tricks most days but I dont use them to pick people up I use them so I can see that childlike look on there face, that good feeling that you have just made there day...:)

look for puma skills on the internet. It's a website that teaches this in AMAZING detail. I do bars and night clubs mainly. I use magic to pick up girls all the time. As long as you dont come off dorky, then it works great.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
I feel your question is better asked in a pick up artist forum where you're likely to get many more serious answers but anyway...

I think magic can have a lot of different uses in helping you with girls.

1. If you go out and perform, make sure you approach sets of girls while you are out. Don't even have an agenda with it other than performing. Just by doing that you will accumulate people skills and as a side effect get more comfortable with talking to girls. I think thats what is most beneficial. You'd be surprised the wonders that talking to a women as equals without all that pesky anxiety will do.

2. You can use it as an opener or icebreaker. Its indirect, interesting, innocent, and probably some other I-words. Whats more, if they say no its easy not to take it personally (you shouldn't take it personally anyway).

3. You can use it when there is a lull in conversation to keep things going. "Oh! I had this other trick I wanted to show you check this out..."

The best way I could put it is that magic will enhance the people skills you already have yet at the same time can help you develop those skills. If you aren't doing great with women now, adding magic to the mix probably won't produce any immediately noticeable results but it will pay off in the long run. That said, if you are going to do magic, do it for yourself and for the love of the art, not to impress some girls. Hope that helps.

Mar 7, 2009
Huntington, WV
well, I'd have to say that doing magic does not help me pick up girls whatsoever, however, the people skills it helps you with helped me alot.

I used to be a realllly quiet kid. I mean, i was normal around friends, but around anyone new or girls I was soooo quiet and shy. Magic has given me charisma and self confidence to be able to talk to anyone with ease.

Plus, a little trick to get a girl's number never hurts :D

magic itself want help you....but hey its has to be kool to be that guy that can amaze....

kinda like athletes and other entertainers...

you can't tell me that an athlete status isn't a big reason why groupees chase him/her....

same with rock stars... i mean thats kinda the nature of the beast....

to say that we are in the same status as those people is a long stretch but to bring my point home...the average guy/ lady who's in a certain club, group, clique, or whatever tends to have an edge on getting the opposite sex.....sure, some women will not like you if you were the president....thats just gonna happen...however, the more people(mainly women) know you, the better chances you have....thats simple math... and i suck in math....

however on the other hand, if you are out there, and want quick one nighters and stuff...it really doesn't take much to attract the opposite sex even if you was that guy that use to wet the bed till u was 15.....it doesn't matter...its mainly the place of venue you go to or hang out...

magic has its advantages......

with me, women hate what i do...i'm the geek magician....i'm the so-called crazy freak...yeah that guy...i'm the wierdo...thats me......so thats not gonna attract women too much...unless you like those hardcore goth chicks......all aboard!!!!!!

i think with the right socials skills, swagger, confidence, and style.....maigc is an ace in the hole.....

but thats just me...

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
If you can't pick up girls without magic, you should learn to do so. Simple as that. It's not hard, not nearly as hard as people claim it to be, I mean, just go work out until you can lift 120ish pounds.

If you like girls bigger than that then work out some more-don't get into illusions just to get a girl off her fee....oh you mean like pick them up for a date.

If you fail without magic, then no it won't help you. Magician's are professional losers...it's a fact.

Edit::I agree praetoritevong, this thread is pretty funny to read through.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
Perfect example of using magic to help with girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESOHDhqM2k&feature=related

Starts at 2:55

"I normally don't do this, honestly I would never give out my number at a club but because of the magic trick I'm gonna have to say you impressed me."

It really seems like you guys are selling yourselves way short. You have a very rare and unique talent that, if presented in the right way, is incredibly compelling and immediately separates you from possibly every other guy she's ever met.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results