So why do we do it?

Why do you do magic?

Had to put this blunt so maybe people will read the rest of this post. I am sure you like being an entertainer or something similar to that effect, however I am more interested in maybe that feeling you get.

I'm certainly not looking for a "haha I can do something you can figure out" type of post. I do know some magicians like this and it's a shame where you get some sort of high off of being better than somebody because they never took a serious interest.

I personally perform for the feeling you get when you know you did something amazing. Something that made another person smile and bewildered, knowing I instilled some sort "joy" into them. Somehow touching their sense of astonishment in a way that can't really be explained at the time.

So again, why do you do magic?

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Ha, easy, because I can do something other people can't! But seriously, I like giving people joy, I like entertaining people. A moment before they may have had a dull, forgetable moment in their life, but I can provide a little entertainment that they will remember and give them something to talk about after I'm done. Just my reasons.

Cheers

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
because magic can break the boundaries of whats real, i feel its the closest ill ever get to showing people something that in there mind is impossible.
thats my Quote "serious" reason.

I really like to entertain people and make them laugh, ive always kind of been like that. its something i can do anywhere, anytime.

Jun 1, 2009
I love being in the limelight and performing. I'm a huge people person and magic helps to connect on that level with someone that you can't really get past by just talking together.

Entertaining people is my "natural high" if you will, I get such a rush from it. It's an awesome feeling just brightening up someone's day and putting a smile on their face.

Thats why I perform, to connect and bring joy to people as often as I can.

Feb 15, 2008
I do magic, because I am born to perform :) Just love how people can be so shocked and astonished with something so simple. I love to entertain. etc.

Sep 1, 2007
I love to perform, I put so many hours into practicing, just for someone to go "NO WAY!!! THAT WAS SWEET" or go completely silent with astonishment.

Magic isn't something I do for people though, it's a feeling of wonder I create inside of someone.

I feel that people go through their lives so run-of-the-mill now, people have lost what it's like to dream big, to look around and wonder what the world has in store for them has been so lost for so long for most people.

Life is too short to get stuck in this mind set,

I do it to try and teleport people back to the feeling of wonder and excitement they used to know. My magic is all about them, the spectator, and me doing something for them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results