Top Card Cover Pass

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey everyone!

I'm coming to you guys to ask for help again, as I do once in a while, for my specific pursuits.

Very recently, I read about a book something along the lines of that it has "a detailed chapter on the top card cover pass". But I've since forgotten what it actually was. So that's what I'm asking for today - books (or DVDs I guess, anything in general) with a significant portion dedicated to the top card cover pass, or any form of top card cover pass - note I do say significant portion, as in a chapter, or several variations, or a section, as opposed to books that simply have one description of one handling.

Thanks for any help in advance,

~praetoritevong

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
Hey guy !

If by top card cover pass you mean that you do a pass while the top card remains the same (thus hiding the pass), I think there's a good description in Daniel Rhod's "Magie Virtuelle". It's a french book, but I'm sure it won't be a problem for you ! ;)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Ooh, good point, I never even thought about looking for French texts, that's a good idea! Thanks for that, I'll do a search now.

But yes - that's what I mean by the top card cover pass. Thanks! :)

Sep 1, 2008
Los Angeles
i love cover passes, their fun XD

yeah I have two resources at your disposal. One is directly related and the other is related and you may like it. The one I have heard of is Eddie Fetcher's cover pass and accomplishes the sleight you desire in a quite odd and fast manner and can fool magicians if executed properly (Book: The magic of Eddie Fetcher). The second is just related cuz I just love doing it. The anti-gravity pass which is a top card cover in order to flip over the entire deck. Great sleight (fools the crud out of me) by Aaron Fisher in his book: Paper Engine.
Hope this helps. :cool:

Nov 29, 2008
The one by Aaron Fisher is just a half pass i don't think he worked it out as a cover pass per se. Richard Kaufman's "On the Pass" video has a teaching of a Cover Pass, which is the one I use.

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
card classics of ken krenzel has a whole chapter on the pass and includes the top card cover pass and a top card cover riffle pass as well as a few other variations on the classic pass

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
yeah I have two resources at your disposal. One is directly related and the other is related and you may like it. The one I have heard of is Eddie Fetcher's cover pass and accomplishes the sleight you desire in a quite odd and fast manner and can fool magicians if executed properly (Book: The magic of Eddie Fetcher). The second is just related cuz I just love doing it. The anti-gravity pass which is a top card cover in order to flip over the entire deck. Great sleight (fools the crud out of me) by Aaron Fisher in his book: Paper Engine.
Hope this helps. :cool:

Not exactly what I was looking for, but thank you.

The one by Aaron Fisher is just a half pass i don't think he worked it out as a cover pass per se. Richard Kaufman's "On the Pass" video has a teaching of a Cover Pass, which is the one I use.

Same as above, but thanks for clearing up the Gravity Half Pass. I do indeed own The Paper Engine.

card classics of ken krenzel has a whole chapter on the pass and includes the top card cover pass and a top card cover riffle pass as well as a few other variations on the classic pass

Exactly what I was looking for, I think that's the one I forgot about. Cheers for that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results