The Deep:: Chris Kenner

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Not bad, but it was too fast and not magical at all.

I mean, you showed the first coin had travelled for half a sec before the second one was travelling. Then you took quite a while before the third coin travels... this kind of change of pace makes people go "okay- what's he doing there?" The unfortunate part of that is it's the dirtiest part of the routine.

There was not one visual magical moment. Make it look like you're doing the magic! And take your time!

It looks like you've practiced the moves, but don't understand the flow of the routine.

Scott.

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
You have the basic moves down, but the transition from the third vanish to the forth was very unsmooth.

You also need to show the coins longer... let it sink in.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
For the first part, you made it look like you already had one coin in there and then made the second coin join it. When I saw that, I pictured you saying "I'll toss some coins to the other hand and I'll leave one behind. Oh look, now one coin joined the first one." When you snapped your fingers, you flashed an empty palm when there are "supposed" to be two coins in that hand. Of course it wouldn't really matter too much in the real world since that's not where the attention should be, but on a webcam it's different.

Though it's been said before, looks like you got the mechanics down. You just need to work on how to present it and make it look like magic. Keep it up.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Hey guys thanks for the feedback and I really appreciate it..apologize for the bad camera...im working on fixing that soon and I will agree that a little more magic-ness is needed. Im testing out alot of new material...and next time I wont disappoint ;)

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Well the fact that you are taking constructive criticism will help you on your way to being better. Good work on that (that always seems to be a roadblock for people on this site).

As for the magic, I would agree with the others. Letting the magic sink it will helps. Its funny because its hard to tell unless you see it or have others see it and make a comment. I know that I tend to rush some coin magic myself. Showing to someone and them telling me to slow down really sinks in. Good luck!

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Well i can say I am pretty good at magic and connecting...coin magic is sorta new to me..but I know the basics and Im a fast learner.....and dedicated practicing when I can and for as long as I get hand cramps or blisters. But this and all of my other videos were tests of lighting, atmoshpere, and timing. Once again coin magic has a knack to be earned through practice. T11 has shown me that dedication and the knowlegde on how things affiliate with one another makes for a smart magician. Also a well prepared one I might add :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results