New magic from your favorite magician

Hey guys, Ced here, all of us have a favorite magician. Sure we've all saw their best work and probably have learned some. I'm going offbeat here, i was reading DG's facebook status and it gave me an idea, what classic effect would you like to see your favorite magician try and put their own spin to???

May 31, 2008
David Copperfield has pretty much done everything...:)

...So I guess I would like to see Wayne Houchin do a classic sawing in half (With the box!)

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Brad Christian doing anything from T11 besides Jonathan Bayme's 1-on-1's.

Mathieu Bich and Daniel Madison teaching a stage magic illusion in an American accent the whole time.

Criss Angel doing a Britney Spears....come on, we'd all love to see him bald.

Ian

Mar 29, 2008
I would like to see Reid McClintock doing the Asher Twist
Daniel Garcia doing Reformation
David Roth do nickels to dimes
Farquhar doing Russ Stevens act at FISM, but instead of boring back palming and manip, use an ACR routine...and win with it, oh wait...that may have happened. Just kidding Shawn (I think).

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
I would like to see Reid McClintock doing the Asher Twist
Daniel Garcia doing Reformation
David Roth do nickels to dimes
Farquhar doing Russ Stevens act at FISM, but instead of boring back palming and manip, use an ACR routine...and win with it, oh wait...that may have happened. Just kidding Shawn (I think).

Farquhar's routine is a million times better. Its more elegant, beautiful and fits the music so much better. Steven's routine is pretentious and his manipulation isn't even that great. Steven's routine is n't that original and has a terrible ending that makes no sense. Farquhar FTW

also i wanna see David Blaine do a comedy magic show, Justin Miller do CoinTwo, Apollo Robbins stealing from children and finally i really wanna see Paul Harris do a 1 trick dvd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Farquhar's routine is a million times better. Its more elegant, beautiful and fits the music so much better. Steven's routine is pretentious and his manipulation isn't even that great. Steven's routine is n't that original and has a terrible ending that makes no sense. Farquhar FTW

also i wanna see David Blaine do a comedy magic show, Justin Miller do CoinTwo......

Miller's Silver Dream is pretty much ungimmicked CoinTwo.

I want to see Penn & Teller's take on the Floating Lightbulb by Harry Blackstone.

Hmm.... maybe some Jay Sankey with business cards, oh.... you meant new material not rehashed old stuff, sorry.

I'm thinking Derren Brown doing a classic stage effect similar to sawing but without ever doing it. Some sort of crazy psychological method him and Nyman cook up.

Or maybe just watch him do a sweet ACR, then he reveals there were no cards it was all in the mind.

Jan 16, 2008
Or maybe just watch him do a sweet ACR, then he reveals there were no cards it was all in the mind.

Hmm...then sleight-of-hand artists would be out of jobs. Mentalists will rule the magic world and...playing card companies will lose business. That's my prediction.

I 2nd (3rd, 4th) the idea of d+M doing sponge magic, but with black sponge CROWS. Muahaha. I think that will be a very nice twist.

I'd also like to see Jay Sankey doing CONTROL.
Jeff McBride doing coin magic.
David Roth doing stage comedy / magic.
David Stone doing PANIC.

::dAvid

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Well I already have.

Derren Brown:

his Q&A from Evening of Wonders.

Other notable inclusions are his take on; Which hand games, RPS ideas and Sneak Thief.

But his Q&A was close to perfect, the most powerful routine a mentalist can do, and one of the greatest mentalist of all time doing it as close to the real thing.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
That Q&A is bloody good isn't it? Keith Barry did a really nice Q&A style thing to open both halves in his "Straight From Vegas" Irish tour last year, real ID theft fun and games!

Speaking of which, I'm expecting a package from Iain Dunford any day with some new special envelopes - I'll drop you an email when they arrive as I'm quite excited to see what he's cooked up!!

DC

Nov 13, 2009
I would like to see Rich Ferguson teach rubber band magic I have seen him perform a excelent linking rubber band trick it was stunning.

I would like to see Daniel Garcia to teach a practical drawing duplication ( anything Daniel Garcia is amazing and very practical!)

I would like to see Steve Haynes create an effect where (unlike handout 500) you can handout the ones before the change and after the change hand out the hundreds. Know that would a amazing!!( Hand out 500 looks amazing but if you could hand them out before hand...)

Those are just a few I would love to see,

Christian

Christian

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia

You realise that that's completely beside the point, right?

If I take your idea without your permission, even if I turn it into something (arguably) better, the idea is still stolen.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results